Notices
Tech Talk Anything technically related to your vehicle should be posted here. If you're looking to have work done, try one of the Regional Forums.

94 LS tranny

Old 02-24-2003, 06:40 PM
no longer a moder8r

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
chad chad chad chad chad chad chad chad chad chad chad
Default 94 LS tranny

couple of questions ... it whines ... im thinkin it could be the fluid in the tranny , the guy at autozone said i need to check into what was used in the manual trannys for that year , he said some have gear oil , some have motor oil , and he said some just have auto tranny fluid ... anyone know what i should put in my tranny , cause its like bone dry in there and whines like crazy , thanks in advance
Old 02-24-2003, 06:47 PM
Kimchee Wiggler

Boostfed Boostfed Boostfed Boostfed Boostfed Boostfed
Default Re: 94 LS tranny

Originally posted by JUSTA EX
couple of questions ... it whines ... im thinkin it could be the fluid in the tranny , the guy at autozone said i need to check into what was used in the manual trannys for that year , he said some have gear oil , some have motor oil , and he said some just have auto tranny fluid ... anyone know what i should put in my tranny , cause its like bone dry in there and whines like crazy , thanks in advance
Use only Honda MTF Manual Transmission fluid and if not available use 10w40 motor oil. Never use Auto fluid or gear oil, if your tranny is whining your diff may be going bad, do you know how to check the fluid? Their is a nut on the passenger side to unbolt to check fluid gotta feel or eye it.
Old 02-24-2003, 06:49 PM
no longer a moder8r

chad chad chad chad chad chad chad chad chad chad chad
Default Re: Re: 94 LS tranny

Originally posted by Boostfed
Use only Honda MTF Manual Transmission fluid and if not available use 10w40 motor oil. Never use Auto fluid or gear oil, if your tranny is whining your diff may be going bad, do you know how to check the fluid? Their is a nut on the passenger side to unbolt to check fluid gotta feel or eye it.
Thanks man ... you always seem to know the answers to all my problems , i did know about the bolt to check it , its pretty dry ... does honda stock the fluid ... and u know about how much it cost's ? ... once again , thanks man
Old 02-25-2003, 05:44 PM
jdm

Durrett Syndrom is on a distinguished road

no but my friends gears grinded a little and he used the honda stuff and it shifts like a beauty now