Notices
Tech Talk Anything technically related to your vehicle should be posted here. If you're looking to have work done, try one of the Regional Forums.

94 Integra B18B1 Bogging Issues!!!! How to adjust timing correctly!

Old 05-03-2012, 02:51 PM
Registered Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
krgteg has disabled reputation
Default 94 Integra B18B1 Bogging Issues!!!! How to adjust timing correctly!

I have 94 Integra with a B18B1 motor.....i just changed the timing belt and thought i had the timing correct when i put the timing belt and the pulley back on but obviously i am wrong. it is idoling pretty low when i first start the car up (200-300 rpm) and when i hit the gas it takes awhile to get up. it bogs down and struggles to get gas. also when i am driving and i switch gears, it bogs down and has a hard time going, sometimes even stalling in first gear. i thought it might have been the intake manifold not sitting correctly and getting proper gas but that wasnt it, so i spke to some friends (long distance) and they said it was def my timing not being correct after i put on the new timing belt. I have misplaced the timing cover that had the mark on it for the proper timing placement so im even more screwed. if any one can let me know how to adjust the timing in step by step instructions, i would greatly appreciate it (how to do it without the cover and a timing light).
Old 05-03-2012, 03:14 PM
Registered Member

doubble22duce doubble22duce doubble22duce doubble22duce doubble22duce doubble22duce doubble22duce doubble22duce doubble22duce doubble22duce doubble22duce

Just had the same probelm and the valves were burnt needed a new head or valve job
Old 05-03-2012, 03:30 PM
Registered Member

krgteg has disabled reputation
Default Re: 94 Integra B18B1 Bogging Issues!!!! How to adjust timing correctly!

its a fairly new head...
Old 05-03-2012, 04:44 PM
Registered Member

TRQLESS is infamous around these partsTRQLESS is infamous around these partsTRQLESS is infamous around these partsTRQLESS is infamous around these partsTRQLESS is infamous around these partsTRQLESS is infamous around these partsTRQLESS is infamous around these partsTRQLESS is infamous around these partsTRQLESS is infamous around these partsTRQLESS is infamous around these partsTRQLESS is infamous around these parts

Originally Posted by krgteg
I have 94 Integra with a B18B1 motor.....i just changed the timing belt and thought i had the timing correct when i put the timing belt and the pulley back on but obviously i am wrong. it is idoling pretty low when i first start the car up (200-300 rpm) and when i hit the gas it takes awhile to get up. it bogs down and struggles to get gas. also when i am driving and i switch gears, it bogs down and has a hard time going, sometimes even stalling in first gear. i thought it might have been the intake manifold not sitting correctly and getting proper gas but that wasnt it, so i spke to some friends (long distance) and they said it was def my timing not being correct after i put on the new timing belt. I have misplaced the timing cover that had the mark on it for the proper timing placement so im even more screwed. if any one can let me know how to adjust the timing in step by step instructions, i would greatly appreciate it (how to do it without the cover and a timing light).
If you mis-placed the timing cover, and just did a timing belt change, then how did you think you were even remotely close? Is this your first rodeo? Anyway. You don't need the cover. There is a mark on the oil pump housing and on the cam gears.

Go get a book. Search google. Or have someone help you. This is more involved than you might be able to comprehend. You NEED the timing cover in order to use a light. But adjusting the distributor is not going to compensate for you being as far off as you are. Hopefully you didn't bend some valves in the process.
Old 05-05-2012, 05:07 AM
fuck this shit

grgazn grgazn grgazn grgazn grgazn grgazn grgazn grgazn grgazn grgazn grgazn

Text me (757) 708-5727. I'll give you step by step. Doubt you bent valves, but it is a possibility. If you're not super far from vb I may come help you.