Notices
Tech Talk Anything technically related to your vehicle should be posted here. If you're looking to have work done, try one of the Regional Forums.

94 civic emissions

Old 01-24-2012, 05:06 PM
Registered Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Aim m3 Lat3r has disabled reputation
Default 94 civic emissions

Now that im getting the car out of a comma, Just took it to get emission. two out of the three test pass with flying colors. There are no problems at all there or even close to fail. What failed was "no ppm". Levels was a bit high. Engine is d15 cx trans. The inspector says go ahead and adjust your throttle cable to which the rpm should be between 800-1100rpm and should take care of the problem. What to do from here?

Side note: shifting into gear at certain rpm is at odd mph. example: shifting into third gear at 3k rpm is at 41mph. Please assist as to im tired of this damn car having problems and dumping money into it. Just want to drive it until it craps out or sells it at a dream price.

Thanks. LMK
Old 01-25-2012, 03:42 AM
Build..Race..Win..

vtecda9 is infamous around these partsvtecda9 is infamous around these partsvtecda9 is infamous around these partsvtecda9 is infamous around these partsvtecda9 is infamous around these partsvtecda9 is infamous around these partsvtecda9 is infamous around these partsvtecda9 is infamous around these partsvtecda9 is infamous around these partsvtecda9 is infamous around these partsvtecda9 is infamous around these parts
Default Re: 94 civic emissions

do like I did, I registered my 95 civic in caroline county, that way I don't have to have emissions. If you look at my registerion it has my address where I live, but in the corner it says caroline county. Only down side you have to pay personal property tax there an where you live. Try that been doing this for a while now.
Old 01-25-2012, 06:19 AM
Registered Member

Can't register there b.c I do not live there. Asking for a fix not that kinda way around it. If its going to be way around it, better be legit
Old 01-26-2012, 06:57 AM
Registered Member

In an hour or so I will fill up gas tank with BG 44. Run it for a bit and see if that does anything. Lmk guys if there is something else I need to do
Old 01-29-2012, 05:23 AM
Registered Member

Of this doesn't wrk Im going to sell it. Might go buy some seafoam today and add that to bg 44 I put in there
Old 01-29-2012, 06:58 AM
Flatulence

PicovAndropov PicovAndropov PicovAndropov PicovAndropov PicovAndropov PicovAndropov PicovAndropov PicovAndropov PicovAndropov PicovAndropov PicovAndropov

Originally Posted by Aim m3 Lat3r
Of this doesn't wrk Im going to sell it. Might go buy some seafoam today and add that to bg 44 I put in there

Or do what the technician has told you to do. Lower the idle.
Old 02-15-2012, 07:29 AM
Registered Member

Done. Inspector doesn't know shit. Adviced to adjust throttle cable. What is that going to effect for emissions. Did a few adjustments myself and it pass. Now I have to decided if I still want to register it or sell
Old 02-15-2012, 07:36 AM
Flatulence

PicovAndropov PicovAndropov PicovAndropov PicovAndropov PicovAndropov PicovAndropov PicovAndropov PicovAndropov PicovAndropov PicovAndropov PicovAndropov

Lowering the idle will reduce the amount of fuel being pushed into the engine at that rpm.