Notices
Tech Talk Anything technically related to your vehicle should be posted here. If you're looking to have work done, try one of the Regional Forums.

94 civic DX wiring or fuses problem?

Old 07-13-2011, 05:52 PM
Registered member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
SleepySOHC SleepySOHC SleepySOHC SleepySOHC SleepySOHC SleepySOHC SleepySOHC SleepySOHC SleepySOHC SleepySOHC SleepySOHC
Angry 94 civic DX wiring or fuses problem?

i bought a 94 dx 4 door a few weeks ago, drove it home with a travelers permit from dmv since it had no plates. all the lights worked (runners, highs, lows, turn signals, and brake lights). i got it home and a few days later took a look behind the dash to find the wiring mess from the P.O. who did the integra cluster swap using butt connectors. I cut them, twisted and sodered up the wires with stock 92-95 clips for the stock cluster. all colors lined up with heat shrink around them. NOW before i did the wiring and had the integra cluster out i had fixed the trunk (didnt close due the latch being bad) i forgot to hook the ground up and noticed my lights in the rear werent working at all, the ground in the trunk is now hooked up and is fine. ALL the lights on the dash light up as youd be starting the car, the turn signal lights DONT work now, my brake lights dont work but the runner lights for the rear work and lastly the headlights dont work but they side markers stay on?
what im trying to find out is why they dont work now but did a few weeks ago? (head lights high and low, turn signals, and brake lights DO NOT WORK) ive tried looking around on google but didnt find much to help, is this a wiring problem, fuses, or maybe bulbs? i disconnected the head lights and have had them in my back seats since i started working on the car a few weeks ago.
anything that would come to mind for any of you? same or similar problems? im trying to get it ready for inspection.

thanks
Old 07-13-2011, 06:08 PM
baller/dickbutt#69

nftuatn nftuatn nftuatn nftuatn nftuatn nftuatn nftuatn nftuatn nftuatn nftuatn nftuatn
Default Re: 94 civic DX wiring or fuses problem?

Originally Posted by SleepySOHC
i bought a 94 dx 4 door a few weeks ago, drove it home with a travelers permit from dmv since it had no plates. all the lights worked (runners, highs, lows, turn signals, and brake lights). i got it home and a few days later took a look behind the dash to find the wiring mess from the P.O. who did the integra cluster swap using butt connectors. I cut them, twisted and sodered up the wires with stock 92-95 clips for the stock cluster. all colors lined up with heat shrink around them. NOW before i did the wiring and had the integra cluster out i had fixed the trunk (didnt close due the latch being bad) i forgot to hook the ground up and noticed my lights in the rear werent working at all, the ground in the trunk is now hooked up and is fine. ALL the lights on the dash light up as youd be starting the car, the turn signal lights DONT work now, my brake lights dont work but the runner lights for the rear work and lastly the headlights dont work but they side markers stay on?
what im trying to find out is why they dont work now but did a few weeks ago? (head lights high and low, turn signals, and brake lights DO NOT WORK) ive tried looking around on google but didnt find much to help, is this a wiring problem, fuses, or maybe bulbs? i disconnected the head lights and have had them in my back seats since i started working on the car a few weeks ago.
anything that would come to mind for any of you? same or similar problems? im trying to get it ready for inspection.

thanks
if they worked before YOU rewired the cluster then i think you may be the problem
Old 07-13-2011, 06:13 PM
Registered Member

Dillweed Dillweed Dillweed Dillweed Dillweed Dillweed Dillweed Dillweed Dillweed Dillweed Dillweed

Originally Posted by nftuatn
if they worked before YOU rewired the cluster then i think you may be the problem
rep
Old 07-13-2011, 06:24 PM
Registered member

SleepySOHC SleepySOHC SleepySOHC SleepySOHC SleepySOHC SleepySOHC SleepySOHC SleepySOHC SleepySOHC SleepySOHC SleepySOHC

before i re-wired it, i used the cluster that was in it to see if all the lights were working. they didnt. so i re did it to stock cluster and stock plugs.
i just looked around a little more on google and saw that if the 4 way plug wasnt plugged in the turn signals wouldnt work. i plugged it in and turn signals still dont work, no head lights or brake lights.

all the wires match up, i didnt leave the soder gun on for too long to burn anything up, all were twisted together, sodered, and heat shrinked. the dimmer and horn doesnt work i believe (they didnt when i bought it) the dimmer wires are diconnected from what i could see. i havent played with any under dash wiring, fuses or anything
Old 07-13-2011, 06:26 PM
Racetracks

Fabrik8 Fabrik8 Fabrik8 Fabrik8 Fabrik8 Fabrik8 Fabrik8 Fabrik8 Fabrik8 Fabrik8 Fabrik8

Judging by the state of the other wiring, it's also possible that the wiring was rigged to sell the car and is now loose or otherwise doesn't work anymore. Sounds like you bought a winner.
Old 07-13-2011, 06:28 PM
baller/dickbutt#69

nftuatn nftuatn nftuatn nftuatn nftuatn nftuatn nftuatn nftuatn nftuatn nftuatn nftuatn

its not white with a pink engine bay is it...i hope not for your sake
Old 07-13-2011, 06:33 PM
Registered member

nope, pink bay yes but the original color of the car is pink, never been painted white. all the other wiring looks fine from what i can see. all the wires in the trunk are there, engine bay is a bit messy but new engine harness should be in within a week. some plugs under the hood by the lights with nothing to plug into? i doubt anything would come loose just from being parked, i havent cut or messed with any other wiring. not having the ground on in the trunk and tryin the lights couldve blown a bulb or fuse any how? when it wasnt hooked up the lights didnt turn on but would voltage still be goin to it?
Old 07-13-2011, 06:41 PM
baller/dickbutt#69

Originally Posted by SleepySOHC
nope, pink bay yes but the original color of the car is pink, never been painted white. all the other wiring looks fine from what i can see. all the wires in the trunk are there, engine bay is a bit messy but new engine harness should be in within a week. some plugs under the hood by the lights with nothing to plug into? i doubt anything would come loose just from being parked, i havent cut or messed with any other wiring. not having the ground on in the trunk and tryin the lights couldve blown a bulb or fuse any how? when it wasnt hooked up the lights didnt turn on but would voltage still be goin to it?
so you have the only 94 civic dx that honda painted pink from the factory....thats some cool shit man.
Old 07-13-2011, 06:42 PM
WEEEEEEEEEEE

TATTRAT TATTRAT TATTRAT TATTRAT TATTRAT TATTRAT TATTRAT TATTRAT TATTRAT TATTRAT TATTRAT

Originally Posted by nftuatn
so you have the only 94 civic dx that honda painted pink from the factory....thats some cool shit man.
Bro, it's super rare, bro. It is more JDM than a rice cooker on the manifold.
Old 07-13-2011, 06:43 PM
Registered member

stock color, sorry purpleish, ive seen one other car the same color around me
http://imageservice.leaddelivery.net.../106080405.jpg

Quick Reply: 94 civic DX wiring or fuses problem?