Notices
Tech Talk Anything technically related to your vehicle should be posted here. If you're looking to have work done, try one of the Regional Forums.

94 Chevy Blazer 4.3L Fuel Pump

Old 06-24-2005, 10:31 PM
FUCK THIEVES

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
G2 LS-Vtec G2 LS-Vtec G2 LS-Vtec G2 LS-Vtec G2 LS-Vtec G2 LS-Vtec G2 LS-Vtec G2 LS-Vtec G2 LS-Vtec G2 LS-Vtec G2 LS-Vtec
Default 94 Chevy Blazer 4.3L Fuel Pump

I'm helping a friend do a fuel pump change.

It took forever to get the tank to drop SOME, but not all the way. All the bolts are rusted.

I need to know how to disconnect the fuel lines fromt the tank to fully remove the tank. The filler neck is off as well as the ventilation hose. There are 3 lines left and one of them doesn't even have a fitting on it.
Old 06-25-2005, 04:52 AM
The Pro to call.

HatefulMechanic HatefulMechanic HatefulMechanic HatefulMechanic HatefulMechanic HatefulMechanic HatefulMechanic HatefulMechanic HatefulMechanic HatefulMechanic HatefulMechanic
Default Re: 94 Chevy Blazer 4.3L Fuel Pump

quick connects. or regular screw fittings, which it can have either in the 94 model. the third is a vent, it slips off.
Old 06-26-2005, 08:48 AM
FUCK THIEVES

G2 LS-Vtec G2 LS-Vtec G2 LS-Vtec G2 LS-Vtec G2 LS-Vtec G2 LS-Vtec G2 LS-Vtec G2 LS-Vtec G2 LS-Vtec G2 LS-Vtec G2 LS-Vtec

the vent line we cut, the return line fittings are now loose but the fuel line rotates with the fitting, and the fuel output line fitting is rounded. is the rubber hose before the hardlines internally reinforced or are they regular rubber lines? i want to try cutting it and slipping a pipe inbetween with hoseclamps, is this possible?
Old 06-26-2005, 09:21 AM
The Pro to call.

HatefulMechanic HatefulMechanic HatefulMechanic HatefulMechanic HatefulMechanic HatefulMechanic HatefulMechanic HatefulMechanic HatefulMechanic HatefulMechanic HatefulMechanic

dont. either take the lines loose on the frame rail, or order a new sending unit and lines.

its very common on those vehicles, at least half of the ones i have done wind up being like that. sucks, but it happens.

straight from the dealer, the parts aint but about 150 bucks last i recall though, so its not that bad.

if you cut the hose and try to couple it with a barbed fitting and clamps, it will blow off more then likely. thats half assing, and it will cause you issues.

not to mention the fact that it makes it a bitch to get the lock ring off too.