Notices
Tech Talk Anything technically related to your vehicle should be posted here. If you're looking to have work done, try one of the Regional Forums.

93 mazda mx6 airbag light

Old 02-23-2012, 05:48 PM
Registered Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I_am_MIKE804 has disabled reputation
Default 93 mazda mx6 airbag light

alright the light blinks 5-3. so five times then a pause then 3 times. this means its a dm internal fault. I want to know if I can fix this or if its code for "your shits fucked up and you need a whole new module"?

Last edited by I_am_MIKE804; 02-24-2012 at 05:39 PM.
Old 02-23-2012, 06:04 PM
Banned

White Devil White Devil White Devil White Devil White Devil White Devil White Devil White Devil White Devil White Devil White Devil
Default Re: 93 mazda mx6 airbag light

Goddam Google is such a wonderful thing....

http://www.justanswer.com/mazda/58ki...ght-count.html

http://www.mx6.com/forums/

And if you try and fix it yourself, make sure to test your work by placing your head against the steering wheel with your left ear against the center of the column, while a friend gently taps the front bumper with a sledgehammer. If it doesnt go off, repeat process with steadily greater force on the bumper until it does.

In other words.... DONT FUCK WITH IT, TAKE IT TO A STEALERSHIP AND HAVE THEM PROPERLY DIAGNOSE THE PROBLEM BEFORE YOU BLOW YOUR HEAD OFF INTO THE NEIGHBORS FRONT YARD WHERE IT WILL TRAUMATIZE HIS 7-YEAR-OLD YARD-APE FOR FUCKING LIFE!!!!!!

And... Welcome to the forum!
Old 02-23-2012, 09:30 PM
Registered Member

fuck mx6.com fuck google and fuck you! i know i can take it to a dealer dumb shit i meant a simple fix. the light isnt "ON" its flickering. i have enough commen sence to know not to fuck with it if I dont know how to fix it. THATS WHAT I POSTED THIS. SO I CAN FIND OUT. you obviously dont know how either. thanks for the effort though
Old 02-23-2012, 10:12 PM
Previously Odyssey

Odysseus Prime Odysseus Prime Odysseus Prime Odysseus Prime Odysseus Prime Odysseus Prime Odysseus Prime Odysseus Prime Odysseus Prime Odysseus Prime Odysseus Prime

Is it just flashing a rhythmic interval pulse, or is it like: 5 flashes-pause-1 flash -----or 3-pause-4...etc....etc.

Last edited by Odysseus Prime; 02-23-2012 at 10:19 PM.
Old 02-24-2012, 04:46 AM
-RepLegion

SlvrSpec SlvrSpec SlvrSpec SlvrSpec SlvrSpec SlvrSpec SlvrSpec SlvrSpec SlvrSpec SlvrSpec SlvrSpec

Originally Posted by I_am_MIKE804
like title says the airbag like is on. it doesnt stay on though it blinks on and off the whole time the car is running. i havnt tried anyhting to fix it yet cuz i dont even know where to start. If you know how to fix it or whats wrong it would awsome if you could tell me lol thanks. you cann txt me if you want 8042127689 mike
fuck mx6.com fuck google and fuck you! i know i can take it to a dealer dumb shit i meant a simple fix. the light isnt "ON" its flickering. i have enough commen sence to know not to fuck with it if I dont know how to fix it. THATS WHAT I POSTED THIS. SO I CAN FIND OUT. you obviously dont know how either. thanks for the effort though

Last edited by SlvrSpec; 02-24-2012 at 12:31 PM.
Old 02-24-2012, 06:28 AM
Forcibly Repped

Niburu Niburu Niburu Niburu Niburu Niburu Niburu Niburu Niburu Niburu Niburu

Mike as a FS troll you might not be aware how the rest of this forum works.
My recommendation is that you apologize and backpedal as fast as you can.
Otherwise things will go badly for you.
Just stay in the FS forum.

You have been warned.

As to your MX-6, hope its the sensors and not the airbag computer.

Last edited by Niburu; 02-24-2012 at 09:21 AM.
Old 02-24-2012, 07:08 AM
Banned

White Devil White Devil White Devil White Devil White Devil White Devil White Devil White Devil White Devil White Devil White Devil

Alright... lets try this again, shall we?

Airbag light flashes a number of times and repeats itself. Did you even bother to check out the links I gave you? If the light is flashing a certain pattern of blinks, stops, then does it again for a number of flashes and stops again... COUNT THE NUMBER OF FLASHES! Its telling you the fault its seeing in the system right there!

Then, you should buy the damn factory service manual (FSM) from ebay or download it from the sites listed on GOOGLE or MX6.COM and read up on what the code means and what you can do to fix it.

Or......

You can take it to a dealership and have them check out your entire airbag system to make sure there arent other problems that might pop up somewhere else (and so that you wont deploy your own fucking airbag when you try to monkey with it yourself...). While youre at the dealership, buy the damn FSM anyway.

Or........

You can set up a new account at MX6.COM and ask the plethora of experts there, many of them own MX6s, about your problem. You will get a far better response than from here where maybe 1 to 3 people out of the whole fucking forum might have an MX6 to help you with.

Does that make you feel less butthurt?
Old 02-24-2012, 07:40 AM
Previously Odyssey

Odysseus Prime Odysseus Prime Odysseus Prime Odysseus Prime Odysseus Prime Odysseus Prime Odysseus Prime Odysseus Prime Odysseus Prime Odysseus Prime Odysseus Prime

12 Low Battery Voltage
13 Air Bag Circuit or Crash Sensor Circuit Shorted to Ground
21 Center Cowl Safing Rear Air Bag Sensor Not Mounted to Vehicle Properly
22 Center Cowl Safing Rear Air Bag Sensor Output Circuit Shorted to Battery Voltage
23 Center Cowl Safing Rear Air Bag Sensor Input Feed/Return Circuit Open
24 Center Cowl Safing Rear Air Bag Sensor Output Feed/Return Circuit Open or Low Resistance in an air Bag Sensor
32 Driver Side Air Bag Module Circuit High Resistance or Open
33 Passenger Side Air Bag Module Circuit High Resistance or Open
34 Driver Side Air Bag Module Circuit Low Resistance or Shorted
35 Passenger Side Air Bag Module Circuit Low Resistance or Shorted
41 Air Bag Sensor Circuits High Resistance or Open
44 Right Hand Fender Primary Crash Sensor Not Mounted to Vehicle Properly
45 Center Radiator Primary Crash Sensor Not Mounted to Vehicle Properly
46 Left Hand Fender Primary Crash Sensor Not Mounted to Vehicle Properly
51 Diagnostic Monitor Internal Thermal Fuse - Fuse Blown Due to Intermittent Short to Ground
52 Backup Power Supply - Voltage Boost Fault
53 Internal Diagnostic Monitor Fault
Old 02-24-2012, 11:36 AM
Racetracks

Fabrik8 Fabrik8 Fabrik8 Fabrik8 Fabrik8 Fabrik8 Fabrik8 Fabrik8 Fabrik8 Fabrik8 Fabrik8

You might want to remove your phone number and just PM it to people who are willing to help. That's one piece of info that I don't want to be freely viewable on the internet.
Old 02-24-2012, 01:56 PM
Registered Member

things will go badly for me? haha ok..... fuck you. And i already have the stuff you guys that are actually trying to help me with. thanks though

Quick Reply: 93 mazda mx6 airbag light