Notices
Tech Talk Anything technically related to your vehicle should be posted here. If you're looking to have work done, try one of the Regional Forums.

93 Acura Integra GSR stalls out and wont start back up....NEED HELP!!

Old 11-17-2014, 09:04 PM
Registered member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
K-DUB_EG has disabled reputation
Default Re: 93 Acura Integra GSR stalls out and wont start back up....NEED HELP!!

Put some BG Fuel cleaner in that thing and your good to go
Old 11-18-2014, 03:00 PM
Registered member

GTAWskilled is infamous around these partsGTAWskilled is infamous around these partsGTAWskilled is infamous around these partsGTAWskilled is infamous around these partsGTAWskilled is infamous around these partsGTAWskilled is infamous around these partsGTAWskilled is infamous around these partsGTAWskilled is infamous around these partsGTAWskilled is infamous around these partsGTAWskilled is infamous around these partsGTAWskilled is infamous around these parts

If your sparks plugs were black I would say your running to much fuel as that describes being very rich.

Now with that said check your injectors to be sure there closing completely. As it appears your filter was clogged possibly getting your ecu to dump more fuel to compensate for the clogged filter help that helped you out as I had same issue turned out be filter.

Also I recommend one quart Auto tranny fluid every 3 months to clean fuel system also every 10 fill ups pour a bottle of seafoam or a pint of rubbing alcohol 80℅ or better keeps things running smooth

Last edited by GTAWskilled; 11-18-2014 at 03:03 PM.
Old 11-19-2014, 06:16 AM
Registered Member

Stryker16272 has disabled reputation
Default Re: 93 Acura Integra GSR stalls out and wont start back up....NEED HELP!!

Auto tranny fluid?
Old 11-19-2014, 06:35 AM
Registered member

GTAWskilled is infamous around these partsGTAWskilled is infamous around these partsGTAWskilled is infamous around these partsGTAWskilled is infamous around these partsGTAWskilled is infamous around these partsGTAWskilled is infamous around these partsGTAWskilled is infamous around these partsGTAWskilled is infamous around these partsGTAWskilled is infamous around these partsGTAWskilled is infamous around these partsGTAWskilled is infamous around these parts

Yes cleans lines and helps lube cylinder walls and pistons and breaks up existing carbon deposits but what does a redneck know about 289,000 miles in a 250 HP b20vtec
Old 11-19-2014, 08:40 AM
Registered Member

Stryker16272 has disabled reputation

haha I trust you man. So do i just dump it into my fuel tank when i fill up or what?
Old 11-19-2014, 08:51 AM
Registered member

Yup.

Crazy how appears it wouldn't work but possibilities are end in life also catalyst converters don't last as long I would say a good two years less.
Old 11-19-2014, 09:15 AM
Racetracks

Fabrik8 Fabrik8 Fabrik8 Fabrik8 Fabrik8 Fabrik8 Fabrik8 Fabrik8 Fabrik8 Fabrik8 Fabrik8

Originally Posted by GTAWskilled
helps lube cylinder walls and pistons
I believe that's the job of engine oil. Could be wrong though.

And ATF in fuel systems is not something I've heard about in decades. That's something shade tree people did before fuel injection and I'm not sure if I want that in a modern fuel system when there are much better cleaners on the market. Should make more combustion chamber deposits than it removes though, including more carbon and ash.

289k is pretty cool, but you're dealing with a Honda engine which will run forever despite your best efforts to do something to "help" it.
Old 11-19-2014, 09:42 AM
Registered member

Originally Posted by Fabrik8:8326718
Originally Posted by GTAWskilled
helps lube cylinder walls and pistons
I believe that's the job of engine oil. Could be wrong though.

And ATF in fuel systems is not something I've heard about in decades. That's something shade tree people did before fuel injection and I'm not sure if I want that in a modern fuel system when there are much better cleaners on the market. Should make more combustion chamber deposits than it removes though, including more carbon and ash.

289k is pretty cool, but you're dealing with a Honda engine which will run forever despite your best efforts to do something to "help" it.
Lmao shade tree people?.
OK my uncle put 400k on a 92 22re,my old boss has 300k in a older f150. So its not just Honda's won't die its old folk talk that goes beyond a carb. Oh and before I forget my 01 xr200 race bike got a quarter quart stf every 4th tank of 93/104 mix so I guess I believe in old folk talk
Old 11-19-2014, 01:18 PM
Racetracks

Fabrik8 Fabrik8 Fabrik8 Fabrik8 Fabrik8 Fabrik8 Fabrik8 Fabrik8 Fabrik8 Fabrik8 Fabrik8

I believe that things that started out with diesels with mechanical injectors, or in a carb'd engine with a mechanical fuel pump, don't necessarily apply to a modern engine with fuel injection and O2 sensors and cat converters, all of which can be severely damaged by putting random junk in your gas. Your vehicles belong to you though, so you can do whatever you want with them. You haven't killed any engines yet, so it must work, right?
Old 11-19-2014, 01:50 PM
Registered member

i said cats will not last as long becoming very clogged.

surprising i have never destroyed a sensor so have no feedback on that.

the only automobile not to last was a 93 ranger in which i had a shop replace vacuum and water lines at 175k and idiot installed wrong lower rad hose and truck broke at 90 mph lol passing a tractor trailer in suffolk headed to hampton for booty

Quick Reply: 93 Acura Integra GSR stalls out and wont start back up....NEED HELP!!