Notices
Tech Talk Anything technically related to your vehicle should be posted here. If you're looking to have work done, try one of the Regional Forums.

92 Volkswagen Jetta Problems.. needs help

Old 12-21-2011, 09:09 AM
Registered Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Cas3yL0x has disabled reputation
Default 92 Volkswagen Jetta Problems.. needs help

okay where to start....
had a problem with brake pressure so the back rear brake cylinder than the speedometer cable was leaking onto the instrument panel, it was sending 90 weight up onto my clutch and brake. dripped on my feet and junks
ni drove my car approximately 60 miles there to the beach from my house and was having power issues with the car. it was low on 90 weight. might i mention that i am new to driving stick and female so not completely car savvy. i thought the burning smell i was sensing was the 90 weight burning the wires and shit on the instrument panel. but come to find out i think i was just burning the remainder oil that was left in the tranny from it leaking oil.. dedeede.. i know.. but now we fixed the cable and leaking problem still faced with the power drain from somewhere, have i mentioned that when i get out of first gear i mean i am going like 3 miles an hour it took me like 5 minutes to get the car to accel to higher than 40 miles an hour!! the car goes into gear but when i tried to drive it to work it stalled in 2nd... WTF i need help and my local volkswagen dealership thinks i am an idiot and doesn't know whats going on... i am ripping my dreads out of my damn head

HEEELLLLLPPPPPPPPP!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Old 12-21-2011, 09:42 AM
Registered member

RandomTask RandomTask RandomTask RandomTask RandomTask RandomTask RandomTask RandomTask RandomTask RandomTask RandomTask
Default Re: 92 Volkswagen Jetta Problems.. needs help

Originally Posted by Cas3yL0x
okay where to start....
had a problem with brake pressure so the back rear brake cylinder than the speedometer cable was leaking onto the instrument panel, it was sending 90 weight up onto my clutch and brake. dripped on my feet and junks
ni drove my car approximately 60 miles there to the beach from my house and was having power issues with the car. it was low on 90 weight. might i mention that i am new to driving stick and female so not completely car savvy. i thought the burning smell i was sensing was the 90 weight burning the wires and shit on the instrument panel. but come to find out i think i was just burning the remainder oil that was left in the tranny from it leaking oil.. dedeede.. i know.. but now we fixed the cable and leaking problem still faced with the power drain from somewhere, have i mentioned that when i get out of first gear i mean i am going like 3 miles an hour it took me like 5 minutes to get the car to accel to higher than 40 miles an hour!! the car goes into gear but when i tried to drive it to work it stalled in 2nd... WTF i need help and my local volkswagen dealership thinks i am an idiot and doesn't know whats going on... i am ripping my dreads out of my damn head

HEEELLLLLPPPPPPPPP!!!!!!!!!!!!!
I'm feeling really benevolent right now. Translated for the forum;

I had a problem with my brake pressure so the rear brake cylinder [wasn't working]. Then the speedometer cable started leaking behind the instrument cluster. For this, it was allowing grease to drip onto my brake and clutch pedals as well as my feet.

Then I drove my car approximately 60 miles from my house to the beach and was having power issues. It was low on 90 weight. It may help to note that I'm a dickless illiterate high school dropout and not completely car savvy or good with english. I thought the burning smell (Editors Note: Seriously, you were sensing? How the fuck else are you supposed to smell something?) was the oil burning the wires and stuff behind the instrument panel. I came to find out I was just burning the remainder of the oil left in the transmission.

I finally fixed the cable and leaking problem but still have low power issues. When I get out of first gear, I'm moving like 3 miles per hour and it took me like 5 minutes to get higher than 40! The car goes into gear but when I drive it to work it will stall in second. The local VW dealership realized I'm an idiot and doesn't want to help me. I'm a frustrated hippie

Last edited by RandomTask; 12-22-2011 at 05:22 AM.
Old 12-21-2011, 09:44 AM
Logic is my religion

R. Danneskjöld R. Danneskjöld R. Danneskjöld R. Danneskjöld R. Danneskjöld R. Danneskjöld R. Danneskjöld R. Danneskjöld R. Danneskjöld R. Danneskjöld R. Danneskjöld

Whould you say that this little gem of a question is technical in nature?
Old 12-21-2011, 09:51 AM
Flatulence

PicovAndropov PicovAndropov PicovAndropov PicovAndropov PicovAndropov PicovAndropov PicovAndropov PicovAndropov PicovAndropov PicovAndropov PicovAndropov

Originally Posted by ben flagg
Whould you say that this little gem of a question is technical in nature?
Depending on what technicality you are looking at. I'm thinking she needs to get lessons on proper grammar first. Reading the first post made my fucking head hurt.

Edit: Dealership is 100% correct on their diagnosis... Not on the car either.
Old 12-21-2011, 03:27 PM
Racetracks

Fabrik8 Fabrik8 Fabrik8 Fabrik8 Fabrik8 Fabrik8 Fabrik8 Fabrik8 Fabrik8 Fabrik8 Fabrik8

90 weight what, and where is it coming from? And why would it be burning something unless it was on fire?
Old 12-21-2011, 09:59 PM
Registered Member

Thanks for the technical help, I am not black. I am white and a hippie if you want to give me a stereotype. Sorry for my improper use in grammar and punctuation. I can see this site is now of no use.
Old 12-21-2011, 10:01 PM
Registered Member

Dear Fabrik8

because it is called a smolder
oil + hot wires = smoldering wires and slight sparks beeeteedubbbsss
Old 12-22-2011, 05:32 AM
Registered member

RandomTask RandomTask RandomTask RandomTask RandomTask RandomTask RandomTask RandomTask RandomTask RandomTask RandomTask

Thanks for the technical help, I am not black. I am white and a hippie if you want to give me a stereotype. Sorry for my improper use in grammar and punctuation. I can see this site is now of no use.
Thanks for the update! Fixed. People who ask for help and don't even have the courtesy of constructing a coherent sentence are of no use

Dear Fabrik8

Smolder is a verb, not a noun. If your wires are hot enough to cause oil to smolder, there are some other serious issues.

I'm guessing your problems are as follows;

1.) Your car is high mileage and leaking oil out of an output shaft seal on the trans. This is supported by the vehicle is a 92. Continueing stereo types, as a hippy with little use for grammar, you probably didn't spend much on the car/maintenance.

2.) When you give it gas, does the motor RPM increase and the car barely accelerates? Or do you floor it and the engine RPM stays low? I have a feeling your description is inaccurate and your clutch is burnt.
Old 12-22-2011, 06:34 AM
Racetracks

Fabrik8 Fabrik8 Fabrik8 Fabrik8 Fabrik8 Fabrik8 Fabrik8 Fabrik8 Fabrik8 Fabrik8 Fabrik8

Dear Fabrik8

Your wires shouldn't be that hot. Your oil shouldn't be that hot. There shouldn't be anything sparking.

And why are you using 90 weight?
Old 12-22-2011, 06:51 AM
Gaming Extraordinair

Daft Punk Daft Punk Daft Punk Daft Punk Daft Punk Daft Punk Daft Punk Daft Punk Daft Punk Daft Punk Daft Punk

Quick Reply: 92 Volkswagen Jetta Problems.. needs help