Notices
Tech Talk Anything technically related to your vehicle should be posted here. If you're looking to have work done, try one of the Regional Forums.

92 talon tsi

Old 01-29-2010, 05:29 PM
Registered Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
91cb7 has disabled reputation
Default 92 talon tsi

I just picked this up about a week ago and i'm havin issues with it... it will start up and idle for a few mins and dies (when it's cold). It will idle for sometime when it's warm outside but is very rought and when i give it gas it bogs down between 2000 - 3100. I haven't done much but am looking to see if there are leaks or if anything is unpluged. I toy with it just about everyday and would like to know if there is something i'm missing.. My dd is a simple honda...
Old 01-29-2010, 05:38 PM
(°____°)

VroomVroom VroomVroom VroomVroom VroomVroom VroomVroom VroomVroom VroomVroom VroomVroom VroomVroom VroomVroom VroomVroom
Default Re: 92 talon tsi

its an eclipse
what do you expect?
Old 01-29-2010, 05:39 PM
baller/dickbutt#69

nftuatn nftuatn nftuatn nftuatn nftuatn nftuatn nftuatn nftuatn nftuatn nftuatn nftuatn

check engine light on??

been on a diagnostic machine?

is it stock?
Old 01-30-2010, 11:42 AM
Jive Turkey

POS DSM POS DSM POS DSM POS DSM POS DSM POS DSM POS DSM POS DSM POS DSM POS DSM POS DSM

Change the plugs...
Old 01-31-2010, 02:56 PM
Registered Member

no check engine light, haven't done anythin but ty to fix the oil leak due to the cracked valve cover. I'm just gonna get a new one.. I've been told it could be a ton of different things from the MAF to a fuel filter... and everything between... has anyone seen this and if so what is the normal causes
Old 01-31-2010, 03:14 PM
Havoc

Sun Wukong Sun Wukong Sun Wukong Sun Wukong Sun Wukong Sun Wukong Sun Wukong Sun Wukong Sun Wukong Sun Wukong Sun Wukong

I own a 91 eclipse gsx. Is it an automatic or manual? Have you tried the 02 sensor? What gear is it in and how fast are you going when it bogs down?

People may say your car is a POS but when its running good you will be loving it. DSM's are like that.
Old 01-31-2010, 03:19 PM
CPL Us Army

jpick_aap_cpp has disabled reputation

whats all done to the car? Is it stock or has there been alot of simple mods done?

check boost leaks.
any tuning software? think if so it has a bad tune...
list some more information of the talon so we can get a better idea of whats done or could be wrong.. you dont have enough information.. soo your going to get all kinds of replies...
Old 02-01-2010, 05:38 AM
Registered Member

widebody91hatch has disabled reputation

I got a 5spd talon with a 4g63t in it. As far as i know it's a stock motor but i was told when i bout it that the guy before him had a different turbo on it before he bought it. That turbo i have but it's physically samller then the stock turbo and is locked up. When the kid i got it from went and looked at it the first time it ran fine and when through the rpms with no problem. He went back to buy it and it had the stock turbo and the guy babied it through the gears. The kid i got it from doesn't know how to drive manual btw. the only mods i can see on it are strut tower bars and two aftermarket gauges, a boost and air/fuel gauge. It need a new valve cover cause it's cracked and two bolts on the exaust manifold. I leaks a little at the mani but no more then a two inch crack in the tailpipe. the rpm problem happens in every gear even neutral. this is my first turbo car, and i'm not a dsm guy i've always drove a honda so i'm out of my element.. I'm going to try to get a vid of it acting up and hope to have that on in a few days..
Old 02-01-2010, 05:40 AM
Registered Member

Originally Posted by widebody91hatch
I got a 5spd talon with a 4g63t in it. As far as i know it's a stock motor but i was told when i bout it that the guy before him had a different turbo on it before he bought it. That turbo i have but it's physically samller then the stock turbo and is locked up. When the kid i got it from went and looked at it the first time it ran fine and when through the rpms with no problem. He went back to buy it and it had the stock turbo and the guy babied it through the gears. The kid i got it from doesn't know how to drive manual btw. the only mods i can see on it are strut tower bars and two aftermarket gauges, a boost and air/fuel gauge. It need a new valve cover cause it's cracked and two bolts on the exaust manifold. I leaks a little at the mani but no more then a two inch crack in the tailpipe. the rpm problem happens in every gear even neutral. this is my first turbo car, and i'm not a dsm guy i've always drove a honda so i'm out of my element.. I'm going to try to get a vid of it acting up and hope to have that on in a few days..
that was me on my bro's profile.... stupid computer....
Old 02-01-2010, 08:52 AM
Havoc

Sun Wukong Sun Wukong Sun Wukong Sun Wukong Sun Wukong Sun Wukong Sun Wukong Sun Wukong Sun Wukong Sun Wukong Sun Wukong

Did you buy it from this kid in norfolk or portsmouth. If so I know that car and it was in horrible shape when I looked at it. I say check your plugs and O2 sensor.

Quick Reply: 92 talon tsi