Notices
Tech Talk Anything technically related to your vehicle should be posted here. If you're looking to have work done, try one of the Regional Forums.

92 civic lighting/wiring question.

Old 08-25-2010, 05:54 PM
Banned

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
DURHUR is infamous around these partsDURHUR is infamous around these partsDURHUR is infamous around these partsDURHUR is infamous around these partsDURHUR is infamous around these partsDURHUR is infamous around these partsDURHUR is infamous around these partsDURHUR is infamous around these partsDURHUR is infamous around these partsDURHUR is infamous around these partsDURHUR is infamous around these parts
Default 92 civic lighting/wiring question.

I recently purchased some clear corner lenses and clear side markers and received them today.I install both with the supplied orange bulbs and everything went in fine.I test the lights and they came on as they should.I go drive and the first turn i take i notice my signals are blinking as if i have a blown bulb.I get out and check and all lighting is on,but my taillights and side markers are blinking fast,my corners are not blinking at all.Before this my corners and side markers would blink alternate with each other.What could possibly be causing this?

Cliffnotes:
- Installed clear corner lenses and side markers (all lighting worked as it should before)
- Signals flashing fast as if a bulb is out
- Corner stays on without flashing,side markers and taillights flash fast
Old 08-25-2010, 09:09 PM
Banned

White Devil White Devil White Devil White Devil White Devil White Devil White Devil White Devil White Devil White Devil White Devil
Default Re: 92 civic lighting/wiring question.

Sounds like a bulb isnt making good contact in one of the housings, or one of the bulbs you just put in went bad already (has happened before). DOING ONE BULB AT A TIME, remove each bulb and put back in and test everything systematically. Keep the old bulbs you took off and swap out each bulb until you find the bad one, then look it over and shake it to see if the filament is blown. Replace it and youll be good to go.

Replacing bad bulbs is one of the easiest things you can do to a car, and it can be the most aggravating as well. Also check the housing where each bulb sits and look for signs of corrosion or loose wires. Check the area around the housing for any leaks where water might be getting in and monkeying around with your electrical.
Old 08-26-2010, 10:46 AM
Typical

Enthusiast Enthusiast

Not saying this is you but a lot of people tend to install the wrong bulbs into the sockets, I would verify it's the right bulb, if it was working fine before the swap, then put it back to the original parts and see what happens.

i agree with Sinbad's Tek support.
Old 08-26-2010, 03:59 PM
Banned

DURHUR is infamous around these partsDURHUR is infamous around these partsDURHUR is infamous around these partsDURHUR is infamous around these partsDURHUR is infamous around these partsDURHUR is infamous around these partsDURHUR is infamous around these partsDURHUR is infamous around these partsDURHUR is infamous around these partsDURHUR is infamous around these partsDURHUR is infamous around these parts

The drivers side bulb socket was cracked,causing a bad connection.Thanks everyone.

Please close.
Old 08-26-2010, 10:18 PM
Banned

White Devil White Devil White Devil White Devil White Devil White Devil White Devil White Devil White Devil White Devil White Devil

Youre welcome.