Notices
Tech Talk Anything technically related to your vehicle should be posted here. If you're looking to have work done, try one of the Regional Forums.

92 Accord Issue with bogging at high Rpm's

Old 03-21-2010, 06:04 AM
Doing work mofo

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Hammer Down Hammer Down Hammer Down Hammer Down Hammer Down Hammer Down Hammer Down Hammer Down Hammer Down Hammer Down Hammer Down
Default 92 Accord Issue with bogging at high Rpm's

So I go out and start the car up, last time I drove it ran great. But now I have this issue going on.

A little about the car:
JDM F22B dohc non vtec (Almost the same as the usdm H23)
I changed the car from an auto to a 5spd with an h2s4 tranny with a wavetrac diff.
The motor is all stock other than an short ram intake and a header.
The motor was tuned on a dyno and ran good for about 6 months.

The problem:
Before the 2 step was set at 7k rpm, when sitting still and trying to rev the car up. It will reach 5500-6000 rpm and slowly bog back down to 4500rpm and back up to 6000rpm. Its not taching out like it should be.

When driving down the road and trying to tach out the rpm's. The car will not go past 6k rpms. More or less does the same thing that it has been doing when sitting still. It also has a different sound from the exhaust then what it had before the issue started. Deeper sound from the exhaust.

Things I have done to try and eliminate the problem:
Replaced the Map sensor
Replaced the fuel filter
Replaced the fuel pump (255LPH)
Replaced the rotor button
Replaced the distributor cap
Replaced the spark plugs
Replaced the spark plug wires
Checked all grounds and they are in tact.
I am running a p28 chipped on Neptune. I am not getting any CEL's

So I am thinking it could be the coil pack? Distributor? Since I have eliminated the fuel issue, maybe its something deeper with the ignition?

I am hoping someone else has had this issue or may know about my problem.

I can supply Video if needed.
Old 03-21-2010, 09:20 PM
misunderstood.

s2katin s2katin s2katin s2katin s2katin s2katin s2katin s2katin s2katin s2katin s2katin
Default Re: 92 Accord Issue with bogging at high Rpm's

Well, as you posted already on what I was going to say about the fuel, but looks like you already have that covered. Might want to check the distributor and make sure that's fine. I've had a few distributor problems before, so that may be the case, or ignition problems. I'm not sure, where's Fabrik at when ya need em
Old 03-21-2010, 10:37 PM
Racetracks

Fabrik8 Fabrik8 Fabrik8 Fabrik8 Fabrik8 Fabrik8 Fabrik8 Fabrik8 Fabrik8 Fabrik8 Fabrik8
Default Re: 92 Accord Issue with bogging at high Rpm's

Fabrik8 is doing an assraping take home exam (of course I have a take home exam over spring break, why not...) and can't wrap his head around any of this. Maybe tomorrow.

The 6k RPM seems to be the magic number with Preludes and Accords. Something about the engine management strategy in that ECU family is different than the other Hondas. Anytime there is a problem, it's always 6k RPM...

Last edited by Fabrik8; 03-21-2010 at 10:39 PM.