Notices
Tech Talk Anything technically related to your vehicle should be posted here. If you're looking to have work done, try one of the Regional Forums.

91 lx sedan oil light

Old 03-25-2012, 05:52 PM
Registered Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Scoops has disabled reputation
Exclamation 91 lx sedan oil light

Close.

Last edited by Scoops; 04-19-2012 at 01:30 PM.
Old 03-25-2012, 06:50 PM
Registered Member

Dillweed Dillweed Dillweed Dillweed Dillweed Dillweed Dillweed Dillweed Dillweed Dillweed Dillweed
Default Re: 91 lx sedan oil light

You lost your oil pressure. . . what's not to understand? The motor was tired as fuck. You need a motor.
Old 03-26-2012, 07:30 AM
VaDriven Mayhem

Lord Humongous Lord Humongous Lord Humongous Lord Humongous Lord Humongous Lord Humongous Lord Humongous Lord Humongous Lord Humongous Lord Humongous Lord Humongous

Originally Posted by Scoops
Picked up a 91 lx sedan like a week ago and the oil light randomly comes on then goes off and I idiodically blew it off. On my way home I was driving down hill in 5th and it pretty much stalled out. Then it wouldn't start. After about ten minutes it would start to turn over but I had to give it gas for it to start. Went straight to my house and when accelerating in 1st through 4th there's a knock. -___- help.

Let me help you solve all your problems.

You lost oil pressure
Your motor is most likely fucked.
Old 03-26-2012, 09:14 AM
Flatulence

PicovAndropov PicovAndropov PicovAndropov PicovAndropov PicovAndropov PicovAndropov PicovAndropov PicovAndropov PicovAndropov PicovAndropov PicovAndropov

Car is totaled bro.
Old 03-26-2012, 02:11 PM
Registered Member

laserspeeddemon is infamous around these partslaserspeeddemon is infamous around these partslaserspeeddemon is infamous around these partslaserspeeddemon is infamous around these partslaserspeeddemon is infamous around these partslaserspeeddemon is infamous around these partslaserspeeddemon is infamous around these partslaserspeeddemon is infamous around these partslaserspeeddemon is infamous around these partslaserspeeddemon is infamous around these partslaserspeeddemon is infamous around these parts

I agree with the rest. Losing oil pressure can lead to a ton of problems, spun bearing, burnt valves. All of which require significant repair work.
Old 03-26-2012, 02:44 PM
Racetracks

Fabrik8 Fabrik8 Fabrik8 Fabrik8 Fabrik8 Fabrik8 Fabrik8 Fabrik8 Fabrik8 Fabrik8 Fabrik8

It's okay though, it's a 22 year old Civic so you should have realized the engine wasn't going to last forever. If you want reliable, don't buy a 22 year old car.
Old 03-26-2012, 06:35 PM
Registered Member

Yeah I figured as much.I got it with then intentions of some daily driving/project with a buddy of mine and I planned on doing a swap eventually anyway so this just means i get to do it sooner!
Old 03-27-2012, 04:14 PM
last breath first

gdupfromfeetup gdupfromfeetup gdupfromfeetup gdupfromfeetup gdupfromfeetup gdupfromfeetup gdupfromfeetup gdupfromfeetup gdupfromfeetup gdupfromfeetup gdupfromfeetup

had the same problem with mine with the first motor. Oil light came on as I was going down the highway, so I thought it would be ok to travel the next 3 or 4 miles to my house...

WRONG MOVE.
Old 03-31-2012, 12:16 PM
Registered Member

Alright soooooo I started it up today, it's been sitting untouched almost a week, now the light is gone there's no knock, it's not missing or anything like that. I even drove it a total of about 5 miles and still nothing.
Old 03-31-2012, 12:46 PM
Registered Member

Dillweed Dillweed Dillweed Dillweed Dillweed Dillweed Dillweed Dillweed Dillweed Dillweed Dillweed

Originally Posted by Scoops
Alright soooooo I started it up today, it's been sitting untouched almost a week, now the light is gone there's no knock, it's not missing or anything like that. I even drove it a total of about 5 miles and still nothing.
Check your oil level. The oil level needs to be right around the second mark on the dipstick after it's been sitting. Next check the oil breather hose on the valve cover for ubstrutions. Perhaps the oil pressure sensor on the back of the block is bad, but beside these three suggestions there is no easy fix.