Notices
Tech Talk Anything technically related to your vehicle should be posted here. If you're looking to have work done, try one of the Regional Forums.

91 Integra problems

Old 04-14-2005, 06:06 PM
Registered Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
pimpingreen13 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default 91 Integra problems

Hey whats up...once again im having a problem with my DA....My speedometer dosent work....it didnt work when i bought the car i thought it would be an easy fix but i dont know where it connects too on the tranny....I have an idea but im not sure if its right....also my ac/heater dosent blow air anymore it was working fine about a week ago and now it dosent blow any air. I checked all the fuses and they seemed ok. What else could be the problem? Thanks ahead of time......
Old 04-14-2005, 07:13 PM
Sumospeed #O.G.

SlowLS is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: 91 Integra problems

Might need a new speedo cable. It connects into the top of the tranny toward the firewall. And your blower motor is probably out for your heat/ac. IF you would like for me to take a look at you speedo cable and show you where it is I can. I'm in va beach. I had to replace mine on my b16 hatch. But I have a DA now.
Old 04-15-2005, 01:53 PM
Registered Member

that would be cool if you could help me out....how much does a new one run?
Originally Posted by SlowLS
Might need a new speedo cable. It connects into the top of the tranny toward the firewall. And your blower motor is probably out for your heat/ac. IF you would like for me to take a look at you speedo cable and show you where it is I can. I'm in va beach. I had to replace mine on my b16 hatch. But I have a DA now.
Old 04-15-2005, 02:58 PM
Sumospeed #O.G.

SlowLS is an unknown quantity at this point

I have no clue. I actually had a parts car I got mine from. Easiest thing to do is just pull the cable out of the new piece and push it into the old cable. Hard to explain. But You can stell the part from the junkyard.
Old 04-15-2005, 03:12 PM
throwbAcura

dave22 dave22 dave22 dave22 dave22 dave22 dave22 dave22 dave22 dave22 dave22

Probably better to just buy a new one. I think they're maybe $30 from the dealer. A junkyard part will probably just give you the same problems.

Our speedo cables suck.
Old 04-16-2005, 03:49 PM
Pong It Up Bitches

1evilgs is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by pimpingreen13
that would be cool if you could help me out....how much does a new one run?
A new speedo cable is 30 bucks I've had to replace so many of them its a common problem with the da teg once you replace it, it should work fine if it doesn't it might be the speed sensor but thats very rare.
Old 04-20-2005, 06:30 PM
Registered Member

how lond does it take to replace one?
Originally Posted by 1evilgs
A new speedo cable is 30 bucks I've had to replace so many of them its a common problem with the da teg once you replace it, it should work fine if it doesn't it might be the speed sensor but thats very rare.
Old 04-20-2005, 08:24 PM
representyoshit

ef_what? is infamous around these partsef_what? is infamous around these partsef_what? is infamous around these partsef_what? is infamous around these partsef_what? is infamous around these partsef_what? is infamous around these partsef_what? is infamous around these partsef_what? is infamous around these partsef_what? is infamous around these partsef_what? is infamous around these partsef_what? is infamous around these parts

make sure that the speedo cable is pluged into the cluster and into the tranny. the heater and ac problem is your blower motor, check the resistors on the motor or you can just replace it.
Old 04-23-2005, 07:23 AM
Pong It Up Bitches

1evilgs is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by pimpingreen13
how lond does it take to replace one?

well it depends if its your first time doing it I would say about an hour because you have to take the cluster out. If you get someone that knows how to do it it should only be about 30 min.Word of advice if you decide to do it yourself before you pull the old cable out I would duct tape the end of the old one that plugs into the tranny to the top of the new one that plugs into the cluster and then pull it out from the old part that plugs into the cluster. This way it will be easier than pulling the old one out and trying to guide the new one through the fire wall.If you need any pics of the part or anything go to www.g2ic.com and search the forums.I used this site quite often when I had problems with my old teg and it is very helpful.