Notices
Tech Talk Anything technically related to your vehicle should be posted here. If you're looking to have work done, try one of the Regional Forums.

91 Civic Sedan electrical issue

Old 03-10-2015, 05:52 AM
i pooped a squirrel

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Gen_Crunchytoes Gen_Crunchytoes Gen_Crunchytoes Gen_Crunchytoes Gen_Crunchytoes Gen_Crunchytoes Gen_Crunchytoes Gen_Crunchytoes Gen_Crunchytoes Gen_Crunchytoes Gen_Crunchytoes
Default Re: 91 Civic Sedan electrical issue

I'll try that this afternoon. Don't know why I didn't think of that
Old 03-10-2015, 03:38 PM
Racetracks

Fabrik8 Fabrik8 Fabrik8 Fabrik8 Fabrik8 Fabrik8 Fabrik8 Fabrik8 Fabrik8 Fabrik8 Fabrik8

Originally Posted by Gen_Crunchytoes
Don't know why I didn't think of that
Killing me, man. Killing me.
Old 03-10-2015, 05:39 PM
i pooped a squirrel

Gen_Crunchytoes Gen_Crunchytoes Gen_Crunchytoes Gen_Crunchytoes Gen_Crunchytoes Gen_Crunchytoes Gen_Crunchytoes Gen_Crunchytoes Gen_Crunchytoes Gen_Crunchytoes Gen_Crunchytoes

Originally Posted by Fabrik8
Killing me, man. Killing me.
i was killing myself.

so, i bypassed the plug entirely and it works. so i guess the pins just werent making contact, which is odd considering i back probed the wires and still had no power. never the less the light works now. I have to clean up the wiring and re-loom the trunk but thats a project for another day
Old 03-10-2015, 07:01 PM
LET THE HATE FLOW

Yardjass Yardjass Yardjass Yardjass Yardjass Yardjass Yardjass Yardjass Yardjass Yardjass Yardjass

If you're feeling ambitious, pull that plug apart one day and clean it up or replace it. Either that or a single plug or nice solder/heat shrink job on the single wire would work.
Old 03-10-2015, 07:50 PM
i pooped a squirrel

Originally Posted by Yardjass
If you're feeling ambitious, pull that plug apart one day and clean it up or replace it. Either that or a single plug or nice solder/heat shrink job on the single wire would work.
I'll be doing that once I finish replacing what needs to be replaced on the car. I intend to be trendy with it so I'll be cleaning all the wiring up and soldering everything I cut and currently just have twisted and taped
Old 03-11-2015, 05:38 AM
Racetracks

Fabrik8 Fabrik8 Fabrik8 Fabrik8 Fabrik8 Fabrik8 Fabrik8 Fabrik8 Fabrik8 Fabrik8 Fabrik8

I'm actually guessing that the wire might be broken where it enters the crimp pin. That's a pretty common failure point for older cars after years of vibration. Lighting harnesses often aren't strain relieved as well as they could be at the socket end because they need enough slack to remove the socket and change the bulb, etc. You have a transition from a flexible wire to a rigid crimp pin, and eventually the wire will fatigue and break inside the insulation at that point.
Old 03-11-2015, 07:40 AM
i pooped a squirrel

Makes sense. Eventually I'll re-pin the plug but for now it works and I'm satisfied with that