Notices
Tech Talk Anything technically related to your vehicle should be posted here. If you're looking to have work done, try one of the Regional Forums.

90crx zc cold start lag help.

Old 07-13-2011, 11:45 PM
Registered Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
That eg That eg That eg That eg That eg That eg That eg That eg That eg That eg That eg
Default 90crx zc cold start lag help.

ok I have a 90 rex i am not a fan of this body style but im sure someday i will convince myself... hopefully. anyways i have a jdm dohc zc my only problem is on a cold start. i will crank and i wil get a chuga chuga chuga chugchugchug choooo choooo. so a 5-10 lag then it starts up fine and runs fine. im not throwing any codes besides a speedsensor code which im sure has no part in this. has anyone experienced this and what might be the problem? i know shes old and been around town but a facelift would have her lookin good. but help please
Old 07-15-2011, 05:14 AM
Registered Member

xeno has a reputation beyond reputexeno has a reputation beyond reputexeno has a reputation beyond reputexeno has a reputation beyond reputexeno has a reputation beyond reputexeno has a reputation beyond reputexeno has a reputation beyond reputexeno has a reputation beyond reputexeno has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: 90crx zc cold start lag help.

I had a similar problem with my b20 in my old CRX. no codes shitty cold start. it was 2 things: 1. check your fuel injector screens, if your haven't changed your fuel filter in awhile they could be clogged with shit. If they are then clean them thoroughly and then replace the fuel filter before you start it again. 2. cold start sensor on the bottom of the throttle body could be stuck closed.. when it's stuck open it idles high i know that .. so maybe if it's stuck closed it would have trouble getting up to idle just a thought.
Old 07-15-2011, 08:36 AM
Racetracks

Fabrik8 Fabrik8 Fabrik8 Fabrik8 Fabrik8 Fabrik8 Fabrik8 Fabrik8 Fabrik8 Fabrik8 Fabrik8

Originally Posted by That eg
i will crank and i wil get a chuga chuga chuga chugchugchug choooo choooo.
I think I've found the problem. You're trying to start a steam locomotive, not a CRX.

I'll send you my bill.
Old 07-15-2011, 06:37 PM
Registered Member

That eg That eg That eg That eg That eg That eg That eg That eg That eg That eg That eg

Originally Posted by Fabrik8
I think I've found the problem. You're trying to start a steam locomotive, not a CRX.

I'll send you my bill.
lol
Old 07-15-2011, 06:39 PM
Registered Member

Originally Posted by xeno
I had a similar problem with my b20 in my old CRX. no codes shitty cold start. it was 2 things: 1. check your fuel injector screens, if your haven't changed your fuel filter in awhile they could be clogged with shit. If they are then clean them thoroughly and then replace the fuel filter before you start it again. 2. cold start sensor on the bottom of the throttle body could be stuck closed.. when it's stuck open it idles high i know that .. so maybe if it's stuck closed it would have trouble getting up to idle just a thought.
ok i found a minor prob one of my injectors was leakin so busted seal i guess. so do you know if any d16 seals for injectors will fit? cause i called honda up and they got it only for 98 civic so just want to know if there's a difference
Old 07-19-2011, 04:59 AM
Registered Member

xeno has a reputation beyond reputexeno has a reputation beyond reputexeno has a reputation beyond reputexeno has a reputation beyond reputexeno has a reputation beyond reputexeno has a reputation beyond reputexeno has a reputation beyond reputexeno has a reputation beyond reputexeno has a reputation beyond repute

if the fuel system isn't sealing it will totally screw up how it runs.. i bought a kit from autozone that has various sized rubber gaskets in it i think like 10$, but one of the sizes fit the injectors nicely.
Old 07-19-2011, 08:12 AM
Racetracks

Fabrik8 Fabrik8 Fabrik8 Fabrik8 Fabrik8 Fabrik8 Fabrik8 Fabrik8 Fabrik8 Fabrik8 Fabrik8

His other thread says he got the injector O-rings. I'm assuming that fixed the problem.
Old 07-20-2011, 12:22 AM
Registered Member

yea problem solved thanks