Notices
Tech Talk Anything technically related to your vehicle should be posted here. If you're looking to have work done, try one of the Regional Forums.

90 Nissan 240sx

Old 01-31-2008, 05:11 AM
Zombies found Waldo

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
buugiewuugie buugiewuugie buugiewuugie buugiewuugie buugiewuugie buugiewuugie buugiewuugie buugiewuugie buugiewuugie buugiewuugie buugiewuugie
Default 90 Nissan 240sx

I Need some tips and pointers. I have 90 240sx with a KA24E. Yesterday one of the bearings started making noises. And the motor smokes. So I figure its time to do a minor rebuild. I don't want to take the motor out of the car because, honestly, it will NEVER go back in. I want to take the head off and the oil pan off, pop the pistons out the top and replace the rings and rod bearing. then put on a new headgasket and put it all back together.

I have to do it all one a weekend because we only have one other car and my wife needs it to get work as well. Has anyone every done something like this? and is it possible to do it all in one weekend?

and any other tips would be great.

P.S. I have replaced a headgasket or two and a set of rod bearing before, so i am not complete dumb to mechanics I have a good idea of what i am doing.
Old 01-31-2008, 05:40 AM
I Roll Fenders

WishIHadaSilvia WishIHadaSilvia WishIHadaSilvia WishIHadaSilvia WishIHadaSilvia WishIHadaSilvia WishIHadaSilvia WishIHadaSilvia WishIHadaSilvia WishIHadaSilvia WishIHadaSilvia
Default Re: 90 Nissan 240sx

My tip would be spend 5-700 on a full KA24DE swap and do it in that weekend.

Before anyone says anything about 5-700 being too much for a KA motor...you need basically everything to do the swap, because basically nothing works from the SOHC to the DOHC.

I also never want to help anyone else do engine work ever again.
Old 01-31-2008, 05:50 AM
Fitty Tuckin

-JB- -JB- -JB- -JB- -JB- -JB- -JB- -JB- -JB- -JB- -JB-

So I guess that means you don't want to pick up my ka24e longblock???
Old 01-31-2008, 05:52 AM
Zombies found Waldo

buugiewuugie buugiewuugie buugiewuugie buugiewuugie buugiewuugie buugiewuugie buugiewuugie buugiewuugie buugiewuugie buugiewuugie buugiewuugie

Like I said. I dont want to pull the motor out. Because it will never go back in.
Old 01-31-2008, 05:56 AM
I Roll Fenders

WishIHadaSilvia WishIHadaSilvia WishIHadaSilvia WishIHadaSilvia WishIHadaSilvia WishIHadaSilvia WishIHadaSilvia WishIHadaSilvia WishIHadaSilvia WishIHadaSilvia WishIHadaSilvia

If he already has a long block...it would WAY easier to just transfer your exhaust/intake manis and drop it in and plug everything back up.
Old 01-31-2008, 06:01 AM
Fitty Tuckin

-JB- -JB- -JB- -JB- -JB- -JB- -JB- -JB- -JB- -JB- -JB-

The ka24e I got off HKS a memeber on here. Said it ran fine, pulled because of sr swap.

It was my back up motor if mine went kaboom. Then I was going to build it for boost but have a sr swap sitting in the garage.

So this ka is for sale and when I pull the other one out of the s13 it will be for sale also.