Notices
Tech Talk Anything technically related to your vehicle should be posted here. If you're looking to have work done, try one of the Regional Forums.

90 integra ls needs to just adjust cam gears for racing.

Old 05-01-2004, 11:15 AM
racer not ricer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
hawkeyez82 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default 90 integra ls needs to just adjust cam gears for racing.

I have a 90 integra that i want to adjust the cam gear. I Kinda know but not for sure what it is. 3 degrees advance on intake side and 5 degrees retarded on exhaust side. Now, will this increase my hp by how much because i just installed a new head that was port and polished with 3 angle valve job. And a Shunk 2 intake manifold on my b18a1 motor. I haven't dyno'd the car but i'm think i'm pushing 180 hp.

Last edited by hawkeyez82; 05-01-2004 at 11:25 AM.
Old 05-01-2004, 01:36 PM
DESTROYS DONUTS !!

MORE IMPATIENT MORE IMPATIENT MORE IMPATIENT MORE IMPATIENT MORE IMPATIENT MORE IMPATIENT MORE IMPATIENT MORE IMPATIENT MORE IMPATIENT MORE IMPATIENT MORE IMPATIENT
Default Re: 90 integra ls needs to just adjust cam gears for racing.

if all you have is a port and polished and a valve worked head with a skunk2 manifold,your not making 180 hp on an all motor ls,why have you messed with cam timing if you arent on a dyno,you might be losing power if you havent been able to see whats going on with the car when you adjust the cam gears, my suggestion,wait till you get on a dyno to tune the car and make any adjustments......and like i said before,if all you have is a head with some p and p and i am assuming your using stock ls cams and stock ls bottom end, prepare yourself to be dissapointed,cause you wont be making 180......
Old 05-01-2004, 01:44 PM

tatmonster has disabled reputation

true, i made somewhere around 140 with mine and, had a little more than that done. 180 is a little high for guesstimates. especially for just having p&p work done. im thinking about 120 maybe if you are lucky. Those camgears are way out if you have stock cams.

Last edited by tatmonster; 05-01-2004 at 01:48 PM.
Old 05-01-2004, 04:12 PM
racer not ricer

hawkeyez82 is an unknown quantity at this point

The engine alone is, stock is 160 hp. Plus i have aftermarket cams and valves w/springs. Short ram intake, Stage 3 clutch, and bbk trottle body 70mm. My car is close to 180 and i know it.
Old 05-01-2004, 04:20 PM
Banned

Boosted2003 is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by hawkeyez82
The engine alone is, stock is 160 hp. Plus i have aftermarket cams and valves w/springs. Short ram intake, Stage 3 clutch, and bbk trottle body 70mm. My car is close to 180 and i know it.
Are you talking 180 to the flywheel? Cause the LS has 160hp(around there) the flywheel stock!
Old 05-01-2004, 05:53 PM
Registered Member

NIC668 NIC668 NIC668 NIC668 NIC668 NIC668 NIC668 NIC668 NIC668 NIC668 NIC668

My car is close to 180 and i know it.

You dont know anything till you dyno it. Your just hoping and wishing.
Old 05-01-2004, 07:29 PM
nannerpus, nannerpus

Carter is infamous around these partsCarter is infamous around these partsCarter is infamous around these partsCarter is infamous around these partsCarter is infamous around these partsCarter is infamous around these partsCarter is infamous around these partsCarter is infamous around these partsCarter is infamous around these partsCarter is infamous around these partsCarter is infamous around these parts

My car is close to 180 and i know it.
yet you don't know how to adjust cam gears. hmm...

just letting you know, it won't increase your hp, it will just add more power to a certain rpm range.
Old 05-01-2004, 08:08 PM
DESTROYS DONUTS !!

MORE IMPATIENT MORE IMPATIENT MORE IMPATIENT MORE IMPATIENT MORE IMPATIENT MORE IMPATIENT MORE IMPATIENT MORE IMPATIENT MORE IMPATIENT MORE IMPATIENT MORE IMPATIENT

b18b- 142 hp to the flywheel.........calculate your 15 % drivetrain loss, less than 120 to the wheels.....LEARN SOMETHING FIRST BEFORE YOU POST THAT YOU KNOW YOUR CAR HAS 180 HP TO THE WHEELS WITH ONLY A BUILT HEAD BECAUSE IT WILL NOT MAKE THAT MUCH POWER.......ive seen fully built gsr motors running 12:1 compression with 5k dollars in head work done, standalone engine management and everything aftermarket for lightweight and a balanced rotating assembly and there only making 187 to the wheels, i am running 11:6:1
compression, with a stock ls head and i made 132hp to the wheels and thats with an hour of dyno tuning and the motor only had 1k miles on it when i dynoed it, i rebuilt it and swapped it in and then dynoed it(i know the head makes alot of difference, but an ls head, no matter how built it is will never be worth 50 hp).......with your low compression and depending on what type of cams you are running(crower i would assume for a good ls n/a setup), i say you will make a MAXIMUM of 150HP if it is tuned by an extremely talented tuner , and thats pushing it, and that short ram intake isnt doing shit for you except making a sound, your clutch isnt gonna create power, its only gonna hold the power that your motor is capable of making(but i highly doubt your stock clutch would slip with the low numbers that are being made), and that throttle body isnt doing shit either unless you can pull lots of air through the intake and flow it out just as fast, 70 is way to big for your motor, air velocity has alot to do with power.....you might be making 180 to the flywheel, and i highly doubt that as well, but i guarantee you dont make 180 to the wheels on a naturally aspirated ls motor with only a built head.......
Old 05-02-2004, 05:24 PM

tatmonster has disabled reputation

where did you find a 160hp Ls?? Dude you are crazy. 180?? MoreImpatient explained it very well.
Old 05-03-2004, 11:45 AM
-HUFF-

non-vtecpower has disabled reputation

The b18b1 has 142 to the crank..Didnt he say B18a1 the older ls motor they are around 10 hp less then that.

Quick Reply: 90 integra ls needs to just adjust cam gears for racing.