Notices
Tech Talk Anything technically related to your vehicle should be posted here. If you're looking to have work done, try one of the Regional Forums.

90 hatch electrical problems

Old 10-12-2010, 05:48 PM
Registered Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
FlaVa has disabled reputation
Default 90 hatch electrical problems

Whats up Ive got this really weird issue going on the last couple months.When i apply my brake my car almost dies out and my 2 blinker lights on my bumper and driver side blinker lights come on along with the 2 lights 4 the blinkers inside the car.When i push the brake and turn the headlights on it dies right away.When im driving the car and turn the blinkers on or hit the brake or headlights it turns right off. Ive tested the alternator and battery check 4 loose hoses or unplugged sensors and grounds.oh also my fuel gage keeps cutting out 2 any suggestions plz help.sometimes everything work but only for about 20 mins then cuts off agian.
Old 10-12-2010, 05:55 PM
doesn't like 1911s

~Josh ~Josh ~Josh ~Josh ~Josh ~Josh ~Josh ~Josh ~Josh ~Josh ~Josh
Default Re: 90 hatch electrical problems

I want to try and help you... but I can't stand people who use numbers as words. This isn't a text message.
Old 10-12-2010, 06:04 PM
Registered Member

im sorry man this is probably a better way to explain it when i use any kind of lights like brake lights, reverse lights, head lights ,blinkers, fogs, the car dies within 30seconds but if i aply the brake while useing these things it dies right away
Old 10-12-2010, 06:34 PM
Racetracks

Fabrik8 Fabrik8 Fabrik8 Fabrik8 Fabrik8 Fabrik8 Fabrik8 Fabrik8 Fabrik8 Fabrik8 Fabrik8

Check the connection between the battery/alternator and the power distribution panel. You'll need a multimeter to see what's going on.. I bet you'll find that you have a fairly low voltage at the fuse box when you're turning the lights on or pushing the brake pedal. Find the cause and you'll solve the problem. I've seen virtually identical symptoms on a few Nissans. It took an hour of diligent troubleshooting and head scratching to figure out, and about 2 minutes to fix once I found it. It was electrical terminal corrosion.

Could also be a main relay problem, but I'm not sure all the symptoms point to that. It's been about 10 years since I've done any troubleshooting on a Honda that old though.
Old 10-12-2010, 06:40 PM
Registered Member

i noticed the other day the negative battery cable was really lose where it connects to the engine i lighting it down it worked after that but know is messed up again i tryed to loosin it and tighting it agian and it still dies with any lights on it drive fine with no lights or brake lol
Old 10-12-2010, 06:45 PM
Registered Member

i have the negative battery cable on the bracket that the clutch cable goes through is this where it belongs?
Old 10-12-2010, 07:44 PM
Registered Member

i have a multimeter but i dont have a clue where to put it ive just learned about cars in the last year i just put a d15b2 in because my b1 blew a rod bearing and i need to get to work so plz shoot any clues at me
Old 10-12-2010, 08:22 PM
Registered Member

so i just noticed when i push the brake with no keys in the ignition the blinker lights on the bumper come on very weird to me
Old 10-13-2010, 08:21 AM
Registered Member

Default 90 hatch electrical problems

so i was told last night by a buddy to redo my ground for the battery and it didnt fix my problem..when i hit the brakes the car dies.when i use headlights the car dies what can this be plz help
Old 10-13-2010, 09:16 AM
Racetracks

Fabrik8 Fabrik8 Fabrik8 Fabrik8 Fabrik8 Fabrik8 Fabrik8 Fabrik8 Fabrik8 Fabrik8 Fabrik8

You've redone the ground, but it doesn't sound like you've done a single bit of troubleshooting. If you need to find someone to help you troubleshoot with a multimeter, that's what you need to do.

Quick Reply: 90 hatch electrical problems