Notices
Tech Talk Anything technically related to your vehicle should be posted here. If you're looking to have work done, try one of the Regional Forums.

88 crx auto to manual

Old 10-31-2003, 08:50 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
TunerzRus is an unknown quantity at this point
Default 88 crx auto to manual

ok i know its been posted so many times you cant count it but i never get the info im looking for. i need to know what all im gonna need to do the auto to manual swap and i need to know what else imma have to do besides drill a hole for the clutch cable can someone please gimme some info on this id really like to do it.
i have a 88 crx dx not sure on what swap im gonna go with yet so dont have to worry bout cable to hydro conversion thanks for n e help
Old 10-31-2003, 09:51 AM

sargeek1975 is an unknown quantity at this point

Here's all the info you need:

http://hometown.aol.com/jrmupzaii/auto2man.html
Old 10-31-2003, 10:05 AM
Registered Member

hondazccivic is an unknown quantity at this point
Default It's not too difficult

Well first of all you shoudl tell us atleast what tranny your gonna be using and engine, or else there is so many different things you would need depending on what engine/tranny swap u want to do. First of all go get a clutch pedal assembly for the 88 crx dx, get that mounted with the clutch cable attached to the pedal but not the tranny. Then decide on what engine and tranny you want, say if you were gonna do a zc swap like me, get the zc motor and the Si tranny (easier to install). Then get the manual flywheel which is thicker, with the bolts which I think there is 6 of them. Then get the clutch and pressure plate, and replace pilot bearing and throwout bearing. Then attach the clutch to the clywheel with the 6 or 8 bolts that bolt it down. Then drop the engine in with the tranny attached and also the mounts bolted on. Then get the cv axles for a manual tranny for an 88 crx dx. Then you may have to get a manual intake manifold with throttle body, if it is from an automatic, you can use an automatic but it just does not run as smooth. Then you will have to get the manual shifter, with the two rods that attach to the tranny to shift gears, make sure you get the pin for the shift rod, most of the time it is in the tranny. This is a basic procedure of what to do, of course you will have to attach the speed sensor and everything, but I hope you know how to do that.
Old 10-31-2003, 10:18 AM

TunerzRus is an unknown quantity at this point

thanks for all the info. ya i know how to connect the speedo cable etc etc im thinkn about goin LS does that help any? i know i have to drill a hole for the clutch cable since its a 88 but ive never done the auto to manual swap b4 so imma need some help with everything else.
Old 10-31-2003, 10:57 AM
Registered Member

hondazccivic is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Hey

Well first off buy the engine and transmission first, then you can work out the other details.