Notices
Tech Talk Anything technically related to your vehicle should be posted here. If you're looking to have work done, try one of the Regional Forums.

88 7mgte SAFC 2 bigger turbo 750 injectors

Old 02-26-2011, 09:31 AM
Registered Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Hans Hans Hans Hans Hans Hans Hans Hans Hans Hans Hans
Default 88 7mgte SAFC 2 bigger turbo 750 injectors

So i just bought a 88 mk3 came with bigger turbo,(not sure on size guy i bought it from didn't know) has 750 injectors,when i was driving it home it would drive fine up to 3500rpms then start to break up, SAFC2 (never messed with one of these things) so i did a little research and found i should change the throttle position to 69lw 70hi guy had it at 39 50, then messed with the hi throttle and now it drives up to 5600 and then starts to break up, is there anyway i can perfect tuning this thing with out buy a WB. or if there is anything else you may think that is making it break up? anything would be helpful thank you.
Old 02-26-2011, 10:27 AM
Registered Member

dartonh22 has disabled reputation
Default Re: 88 7mgte SAFC 2 bigger turbo 750 injectors

what boost r u running? you could be going into boost cut. I would ditch the safc, and buy my lexus ls400 maf.
Old 02-26-2011, 11:18 AM
Havoc

Sun Wukong Sun Wukong Sun Wukong Sun Wukong Sun Wukong Sun Wukong Sun Wukong Sun Wukong Sun Wukong Sun Wukong Sun Wukong

First of all fuck SAFC, please get rid of it. You need a WB in most tuning applications. Think of it this was if you're car isnt tuned properly after a bigger turbo and injectors then you might as well start counting down how long the motor will last.
Old 02-26-2011, 04:13 PM
Registered Member

hottscennessey has a spectacular aura abouthottscennessey has a spectacular aura abouthottscennessey has a spectacular aura about

Sorry but you really shouldn't be doing this..

Like others said, SAFC is garbage, get a MAFT pro or standalone. You'll also need an adjustable fuel pressure regulator in order to tune it properly with a piggyback. when you take out fuel with the piggyback, you're essentially adding timing, as you're making the ECU think it's hitting a lower load point. With that size injectors, you're pulling out a lot of fuel, and you're going to blow it up if you don't do your research. Good news is your headgasket will probably blow before you do any damage to the pistons.

With a larger turbo and that much fuel there is no way around either learning what you're doing, or taking it to a tuner. There is no way to tune it without getting a wideband on it. Trust me, I did the 7M thing for a while.
Old 02-27-2011, 07:39 PM
Registered Member

Hans Hans Hans Hans Hans Hans Hans Hans Hans Hans Hans

thanks guys, yea i didn't really fuck with it that much i was just wondering i'm going to use the turbo and injectors for my 2jz build i have going on then i guess i'll either get it tuned by someone that knows what they are doing, or get stand alone as said, thanks for the info