Notices
Tech Talk Anything technically related to your vehicle should be posted here. If you're looking to have work done, try one of the Regional Forums.

850hp 350z...stay With Me On This....

Old 09-27-2004, 12:18 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
HALLPARTSGUY has disabled reputation
Default 850hp 350z...stay With Me On This....

I work at a Dealership and I have been approached with finding the parts needed to make a 350Z 850hp or more. I've got the basics like the stroker kit,twin turbo kit, 2 GT42R turbos, intake, veilside exhaust, aquamist water injection, nitrous kit, lightened aluminum flywheel, stage 4 six puck clutch, greddy intercooler kit, 550cc hks high flow injectors, hks racing bov type 2, and a 255lph walbro fuel pump. What I do need help with is to find anything i missed but also get suggestions on management system, cams, and a place in the 757 area or close to it to find out about cost on building the motor and tuning it for this customer. quotes would be best for any one or company interested. thanks in advance for any help.

Justin the Hall parts guy.
Old 09-27-2004, 01:20 PM
Registered Member

mAydAy is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: 850hp 350z...stay With Me On This....

First off, the internals need to be all forged. Crank, rods, pistons all must be forged, and must be made for this high of HP. I wouldn't bother with any "Kits" most likely they'd disentigrate above 4-500hp. I'd recommend something like some Pauter X-beams and I'd get Arias pistons which they already have on hand for a 350Z. As for a crank, I have no idea, depends on the strength of the stock crank and if anyone makes them aftermarket. May need to get a custom one. You MUST talk to these people about it and work with them to build the internals properly, these are just two choices out there (Excellent ones) but there are many others, and they will work with you to design the motor for its desired purpose. You can't just grab off the shelf parts for the most part.
Pistons will be somewhere $600-1200 probably, rods around $800-1200. Nobody said 850hp was cheap.
For 850hp I'd start looking into some major headwork also, and those turbo kits better have headers not manifolds. Two GT42R's ought to be plenty big.
I'd say the motor is going to be at least $5k, but thats even a dream of a figure. Once the motor is built, the whole drivetrain must be reinforced. Most likely the transmission won't last at that power nor will the rear end and things. Also, 550cc may well not be enough for 850hp.

-Andy
Old 09-27-2004, 01:28 PM

Thanks for the information, like I said I just work at a dealership and never have to do this kind of thing. this starting place will be most help full. I had a feeling that the turbo kit may not be rated for this kind of power so i'm going to call around to greddy and the sort for prices on custom turbo kits and intercooling options. By the way I have heard money is no problem for this guy, must be LOADED.

Justin
Old 09-27-2004, 01:34 PM
Registered Member

mAydAy is an unknown quantity at this point

I figured he must be loaded, nobody goes to the dealer and wants any extra performance unless they're loaded.
I'd stay away from any off the shelf kits. They aren't typically meant for more than a 400hp. 850hp is going to require full out custom EVERYTHING and a team of talented modders to do it. GReddy and places may have some ideas but even they typically don't deal with this sort of thing. Best thing would be able to find some sort of shop that specializes in this sort of ultra high performance. Not sure who to go to but I know there are some shops in the HR area that do it.

-Andy
Old 09-27-2004, 01:38 PM
been around awhile.

zappas zappas zappas zappas zappas zappas zappas zappas zappas zappas zappas

You should just tell him nothing is going to be able to remain stock.

suspension/fuel/tranny/motor...ect..

i hope he is loaded.
Old 09-27-2004, 02:52 PM
The Pro to call.

HatefulMechanic HatefulMechanic HatefulMechanic HatefulMechanic HatefulMechanic HatefulMechanic HatefulMechanic HatefulMechanic HatefulMechanic HatefulMechanic HatefulMechanic

S/C'd 547 BB chevy. you will have power to spare.

drawback is the blower sticking out of the hood.
Old 09-28-2004, 04:30 AM

Does anyone know if Performance Unlimited does this kind of work, and isn't there a tuner/performance place over in Va Beach?
Old 09-28-2004, 05:55 AM
<3FreshieFresh<3

ZeRo_C0oL is an unknown quantity at this point

shit, if the guy is willing to spend whatever it costs to get the car to 850hp.. send him to Roanoke
Old 09-28-2004, 09:16 AM

if you guys could give me a company or person to contact anywhere near here it would help. done searches on the net and found no help but Virginia Speed. Thought about calling Tuners Edge also, just don't know if they can do the fabrication needed for this.

thanks, Justin.
Old 09-28-2004, 09:24 AM
<3FreshieFresh<3

ZeRo_C0oL is an unknown quantity at this point

I wouldn't be so worried about finding a LOCAL shop to do this... I'd be more worried about finding someone reputable. Don't just send them to someone who has produced fast/powerful cars..... send them to someone who builds fast/powerful NISSANS!

Quick Reply: 850hp 350z...stay With Me On This....