Notices
Tech Talk Anything technically related to your vehicle should be posted here. If you're looking to have work done, try one of the Regional Forums.

7A-FE to a 7A-GE

Old 03-28-2005, 08:28 PM
Registered Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Swttemptaznpnoy is an unknown quantity at this point
Default 7A-FE to a 7A-GE

hey i was wondering if there are any celica drivers out there who can tell me if its really possible to put a cylinder head from a 4A-GE onto my 7A-FE from a 1995 Celica ST.
Old 03-29-2005, 04:39 AM
corona connessuer

CHAHONDA CHAHONDA CHAHONDA CHAHONDA CHAHONDA CHAHONDA CHAHONDA CHAHONDA CHAHONDA CHAHONDA CHAHONDA
Default Re: 7A-FE to a 7A-GE

Originally Posted by Swttemptaznpnoy
hey i was wondering if there are any celica drivers out there who can tell me if its really possible to put a cylinder head from a 4A-GE onto my 7A-FE from a 1995 Celica ST.
to tell you the truth, the easiest way to tell if it would work would be to go to a parts store and look at both head gaskets and compare them
Old 03-29-2005, 05:16 AM
brake/steer/throttle

ToyotaTechGeek ToyotaTechGeek ToyotaTechGeek ToyotaTechGeek ToyotaTechGeek ToyotaTechGeek ToyotaTechGeek ToyotaTechGeek ToyotaTechGeek ToyotaTechGeek ToyotaTechGeek

yeah, it has been done. i know the one MAJOR issue is to make sure that the oil pump is NOT the 7AFE one. i believe i had heard that the oil pump from an AE92 works.
Old 03-29-2005, 05:08 PM
PJ2
Registered Member

PJ2

It has been done on the AGE equipped cars (MR2 and AE86) to increase displacement a little and keep all the existing electronics, sensors and high rpm capability, you will also need to look at the location of the distributor on the 7A and how it is driven to make sure it will work on the age. The timing belt has to be longer and the Porsche 924 belts have been used before. club4age has a lot of info on this issue but be careful with what you see there because I've heard that a lot of the info is not 100% accurate.