Notices
Tech Talk Anything technically related to your vehicle should be posted here. If you're looking to have work done, try one of the Regional Forums.

73 Plymouth Valiant distributor problem

Old 08-06-2011, 07:48 PM
goggles do nothing

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
goosane has much to be proud ofgoosane has much to be proud ofgoosane has much to be proud ofgoosane has much to be proud ofgoosane has much to be proud ofgoosane has much to be proud ofgoosane has much to be proud ofgoosane has much to be proud ofgoosane has much to be proud ofgoosane has much to be proud ofgoosane has much to be proud of
Default 73 Plymouth Valiant distributor problem

Hi guys,

I recently inherited and started putting work into this old boat.

Among other things, I replaced most ignition system parts (new coil, ballast resistor, plugs, wires, distributor cap, rotor, diaphragm, pick-up coil assembly). While reinstalling the distributor, I turned the crankshaft to 0 tdc bringing cylinder 1 to the top end and aligned the rotor to HT wire no. 1(going to cylinder 1) per manual instructions.

I'm getting spark from the coil, but not from the distributor going to any plugs. Any idea of what I'm doing wrong, or what I should look out for? It was running before, but poorly. It turns now, but doesn't start.

Any help is appreciated.

Thanks starry bras
Old 08-07-2011, 02:10 PM
goggles do nothing

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
goosane has much to be proud ofgoosane has much to be proud ofgoosane has much to be proud ofgoosane has much to be proud ofgoosane has much to be proud ofgoosane has much to be proud ofgoosane has much to be proud ofgoosane has much to be proud ofgoosane has much to be proud ofgoosane has much to be proud ofgoosane has much to be proud of
Default Re: 73 Plymouth Valiant distributor problem

*No spark from coil, checked ignition control unit.
Ballast resistor is giving incorrect ohm readings on terminal 1 & 2 test, but its brand new.