Notices
Tech Talk Anything technically related to your vehicle should be posted here. If you're looking to have work done, try one of the Regional Forums.

5.0 Guys, missing a connection after intake install

Old 08-22-2010, 06:45 AM
Registered Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
cryptospooek39 is a name known to allcryptospooek39 is a name known to allcryptospooek39 is a name known to allcryptospooek39 is a name known to allcryptospooek39 is a name known to allcryptospooek39 is a name known to all
Default 5.0 Guys, missing a connection after intake install

Guys,
I need some help here. I just installed my Trick Flow intake on my 90 5.0 HO along with a bbk 70mm throttle body. The car feels like its lost power compared to before the intake swap and it will idle fine unless you are rolling to a stop and let the revs drop. There is one plug that i couldnt find the sensor that it goes with. Any thoughts? Im thinking it may have something to do with the IAC but im not sure.

Old 08-22-2010, 06:53 AM
The Pro to call.

HatefulMechanic HatefulMechanic HatefulMechanic HatefulMechanic HatefulMechanic HatefulMechanic HatefulMechanic HatefulMechanic HatefulMechanic HatefulMechanic HatefulMechanic
Default Re: 5.0 Guys, missing a connection after intake install

looks like it is the IAT sensor, dont hold me to that though. Lemme run out and check right quick to make sure.
Old 08-22-2010, 07:00 AM
The Pro to call.

HatefulMechanic HatefulMechanic HatefulMechanic HatefulMechanic HatefulMechanic HatefulMechanic HatefulMechanic HatefulMechanic HatefulMechanic HatefulMechanic HatefulMechanic

The two 5.0's I have in the engine room have IAT's that use the same connector as the CTS, the IAT screws into the intake. its not the EGR pos sensor cause its three wire.
Old 08-22-2010, 07:02 AM
Registered Member

cryptospooek39 is a name known to allcryptospooek39 is a name known to allcryptospooek39 is a name known to allcryptospooek39 is a name known to allcryptospooek39 is a name known to allcryptospooek39 is a name known to all

Thanks for the quick reply guys, the cable colors are red and white/yellow. Poking around online I found an ACT sensor with the same shape 2 prong connector, however I do not know where its located on the lower intake....definately should have paid more attention during intake install
Old 08-22-2010, 07:18 AM
The Pro to call.

It screws into the lower intake, toward the front. Some are on the drivers side, but I think on the Mustang they are on the passenger side.
Old 08-22-2010, 07:29 AM
Registered Member

well on the drivers side, in the number 5 runner i have the IAC in there and its connected. The problem one is on the passenger side and really has no where to travel as the factory wiring only lets it move a few inches in all directions from the posted pictures. ill be taking it all back apart today and keep this updated