Notices
Tech Talk Anything technically related to your vehicle should be posted here. If you're looking to have work done, try one of the Regional Forums.

4th Gen Camaro turn signal problem

Old 01-01-2010, 06:58 PM
maui.wowie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
markety is a jewel in the roughmarkety is a jewel in the roughmarkety is a jewel in the roughmarkety is a jewel in the rough
Default 4th Gen Camaro turn signal problem

My friend has a 4th gen Camaro and the turn signals have stopped working. When the it's pushed down, the turn signal indicator and turn signal lights on the outside light up, but do not blink. The hazards, however, do still turn on and blink.

I have checked the fuse and it's still in tact, and I pulled out the bulb and that's also in tact with good filament still in it. The car was driven through a little water on the road back during the noreaster, and when I took the bulb out, I noticed that it's housing where it connects seemed like it had maybe fried a bit? It looks a little melted. I figure this COULD be the problem, but the light still lights up so it seems to not affect the connection...

SO:

Could it maybe be the flasher I need to check and replace? Or should I just replace that housing because there could be a short affecting the blinking?

Thanks in advance and happy new year to all.
Old 01-01-2010, 07:02 PM
NAZI mod

BAN HAMMER BAN HAMMER BAN HAMMER BAN HAMMER BAN HAMMER BAN HAMMER BAN HAMMER BAN HAMMER BAN HAMMER BAN HAMMER BAN HAMMER
Default Re: 4th Gen Camaro turn signal problem

Replace both front bulbs. That should solve it.
Old 01-01-2010, 07:32 PM
maui.wowie

markety is a jewel in the roughmarkety is a jewel in the roughmarkety is a jewel in the roughmarkety is a jewel in the rough
Default Re: 4th Gen Camaro turn signal problem

Originally Posted by Donkey Punch
Replace both front bulbs. That should solve it.
Even though the light itself will turn on?