Notices
Tech Talk Anything technically related to your vehicle should be posted here. If you're looking to have work done, try one of the Regional Forums.

4runner problem

Old 02-03-2010, 02:30 PM
tits anyone?

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I Love (.)(.) I Love (.)(.) I Love (.)(.) I Love (.)(.) I Love (.)(.) I Love (.)(.) I Love (.)(.) I Love (.)(.) I Love (.)(.) I Love (.)(.) I Love (.)(.)
Default 4runner problem

I bought a 1990 toyota 4runner 2 weeks ago after my hatch got stolen and am having a little issue with it. when I got it the guy said it had been sitting for 2 years and didnt run. he put a new timing belt, changed all the fuilds including gas, put new cap, rotor, wires, and plugs, and it fired right up. when I went to get it I noticed it had a small miss, but ran pretty good. I only paid 1500 for it, but knowing it wasnt burning oil, has good compression, coolant and leaking any fluid at all so I figured I could fix the miss pretty easy. so my problem is: it misses as previously stated. Its has no power ( it will go 75 but takes a while). when in park it idles t about 1100 rpm, when it goes into overdrive at certain speeds it shakes like its really strugglin. it gets horrible gas mileage. and when I went to look at the plugs they were wet with fuel. I know its getting plenty of fuel, air and spark, but its just not burning the fuel... I think the timing is off a few teeth but not positive. I dont wanna tear it all down and put a new timing belt because im not familiar with these motors at all. but should I? does anyone else think thats the problem?

parts new: plugs, wires, cap, rotor, fuel filter

cliffs: 1990 toyota 4runner runs rough, horrible gas mileage, no power, possible timing issue?
Old 02-03-2010, 05:16 PM
Registered Member

badasstoy2 has disabled reputation
Default Re: 4runner problem

check the cat prob clogged if so gut it
Old 02-03-2010, 05:19 PM
baller/dickbutt#69

nftuatn nftuatn nftuatn nftuatn nftuatn nftuatn nftuatn nftuatn nftuatn nftuatn nftuatn

either that or the timing is off...if its running like shit/using gas/no power...it probably has a timing issue...
Old 02-03-2010, 05:34 PM
tits anyone?

I Love (.)(.) I Love (.)(.) I Love (.)(.) I Love (.)(.) I Love (.)(.) I Love (.)(.) I Love (.)(.) I Love (.)(.) I Love (.)(.) I Love (.)(.) I Love (.)(.)

thats what im thinking. if the cat was clogged I dont think the plugs would be wet with fuel. who wants to re-set my timing?....
Old 02-03-2010, 05:42 PM
Eat me.

Slimsta Jimsta Slimsta Jimsta Slimsta Jimsta Slimsta Jimsta Slimsta Jimsta Slimsta Jimsta Slimsta Jimsta Slimsta Jimsta Slimsta Jimsta Slimsta Jimsta Slimsta Jimsta

sorry to hear your hatch got stolen man, that sucks
Old 02-03-2010, 05:44 PM
baller/dickbutt#69

nftuatn nftuatn nftuatn nftuatn nftuatn nftuatn nftuatn nftuatn nftuatn nftuatn nftuatn

bring it to my shop...i can diagnose it first before we just jump in and start messing with stuff...
Old 02-03-2010, 05:46 PM
tits anyone?

Originally Posted by Slimsta Jimsta
sorry to hear your hatch got stolen man, that sucks
fuck yea it does, right out of my driveway in town villas. now I got a 4runner, fucking sucks.
Old 02-03-2010, 05:47 PM
Zerofucksgiven

Cyanide Jello Cyanide Jello Cyanide Jello Cyanide Jello Cyanide Jello Cyanide Jello Cyanide Jello Cyanide Jello Cyanide Jello Cyanide Jello Cyanide Jello

Originally Posted by badasstoy2
check the cat prob clogged if so gut it
This... Toyotas are bad about the cats. clogging... My Mom's 00 SR5 is having a similar issue...

Go run the piss out of it and see if the cat. glows when you park it...
Old 02-03-2010, 05:48 PM
tits anyone?

Originally Posted by nftuatn
bring it to my shop...i can diagnose it first before we just jump in and start messing with stuff...
well, I know I could do the timing belt, its just hard to find the time, and a lot of my tools were in my car when it got stolen. id pay someone to do it, but I just had to buy another car so im kinda broke. I was looking at a few things and noticed that I could take teh fan off and pull the timing cover off, but I dnno how much room id have to get my head in there and make sure the timing marks line up.
Old 02-03-2010, 05:49 PM
Eat me.

Slimsta Jimsta Slimsta Jimsta Slimsta Jimsta Slimsta Jimsta Slimsta Jimsta Slimsta Jimsta Slimsta Jimsta Slimsta Jimsta Slimsta Jimsta Slimsta Jimsta Slimsta Jimsta

Originally Posted by 95egd16
fuck yea it does, right out of my driveway in town villas. now I got a 4runner, fucking sucks.
I have white 93 prelude with a jdm h22 in it that needs a little bit of work if you were looking to get back in a car

Quick Reply: 4runner problem