Notices
Tech Talk Anything technically related to your vehicle should be posted here. If you're looking to have work done, try one of the Regional Forums.

350Z passenger window issue

Old 12-09-2012, 01:56 AM
Previously Odyssey

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Odysseus Prime Odysseus Prime Odysseus Prime Odysseus Prime Odysseus Prime Odysseus Prime Odysseus Prime Odysseus Prime Odysseus Prime Odysseus Prime Odysseus Prime
Default 350Z passenger window issue

2006 350Z Grand Touring

So short story - Bought this car with understanding passenger motor needed to be replaced.
*Bought new motor and when I went to install it I noticed the passenger switch was unplugged.

**Plugged it in and the window still did not work. But now the switch started making this 'electrical' buzzing sound when attempting to operate the switch (Or when the "opening door" feature engaged)

***Replaced switch with OEM nissan switch. Auto down / up worked perfectly and there was no hiccups in the operation of that window. So I returned the motor figuring I didn't need it....................All was well.....................For about a week anyways.

****Now I am back to where I started. The window does not move at all, and the new switch is making the same noise.

I have read all over Z forums and have not heard of a solution to this particular issue with the switch making sounds and the window being inoperable.

Anyone have any clue what could be going on here?....

.I am really about to say fuck it and buy the motor again, a new regulator(which looks and operates fine by looks of it), and another switch(if need be). If this goes unresolved, I might just drive it into the ocean.

Last edited by Odysseus Prime; 12-09-2012 at 02:15 AM.
Old 12-12-2012, 06:15 PM
Previously Odyssey

Odysseus Prime Odysseus Prime Odysseus Prime Odysseus Prime Odysseus Prime Odysseus Prime Odysseus Prime Odysseus Prime Odysseus Prime Odysseus Prime Odysseus Prime
Default Re: 350Z passenger window issue

Anyone!?!?!?
Old 12-12-2012, 06:37 PM
ermahgerd

bumada bumada bumada bumada bumada bumada bumada bumada bumada bumada bumada

probably the motor.
Old 12-12-2012, 07:15 PM
The VW guy

AirSick AirSick AirSick AirSick AirSick AirSick AirSick AirSick AirSick AirSick AirSick

Definitely try the motor. It could have a dead spot in it. If you change the motor and switch and the same thing happens then you have a short somewhere in the harness. If the 350Z door is anything like the G35 then it will be a royal pain in the ass. If you need any other advice let me know, i do this shit for a living.
Old 12-13-2012, 05:23 AM
Now drives a SWagon

Z33_Taxi Z33_Taxi Z33_Taxi Z33_Taxi Z33_Taxi Z33_Taxi Z33_Taxi Z33_Taxi Z33_Taxi Z33_Taxi Z33_Taxi

Originally Posted by AirSick
Definitely try the motor. It could have a dead spot in it. If you change the motor and switch and the same thing happens then you have a short somewhere in the harness. If the 350Z door is anything like the G35 then it will be a royal pain in the ass. If you need any other advice let me know, i do this shit for a living.
This. I just swapped out my drivers side motor. Still I just followed the wire up to the source and found that it was slightly cut further up...most likey from me pulling to hard.
Old 12-14-2012, 10:47 PM
Previously Odyssey

Yeah. it is a PITA on the 350 as well. I've done it a few times, but I guess I will just replace the motor and see what happens.
Old 12-23-2012, 10:15 AM
Full Access Member

YardieXplorer has disabled reputation

Yea I agree with switching out the motor.I have a spare motor sitting here that I need to install on my driver side but my old motor still works kinda just cant use my auto-up feature. When it warms up I will tackle this.