Notices
Tech Talk Anything technically related to your vehicle should be posted here. If you're looking to have work done, try one of the Regional Forums.

300ZX/5lug conversion done on my 240

Old 06-07-2003, 04:06 PM
Registered Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
IC x Prince IC x Prince IC x Prince IC x Prince IC x Prince IC x Prince IC x Prince IC x Prince IC x Prince IC x Prince IC x Prince
Default 300ZX/5lug conversion done on my 240

I just finished my 5 lug and 300ZX brake up grade on my 96 base model. I also went with stainless steel brake lines from Projectsilvia.com. I only went a few miles, but my brakes feel weird. I feel like I can depress the pedel all the way down. Is that the way it's supposed to feel? I also went with synpower brake fluid and bled the brake lines pretty good. the only thing I can think of is bleeding them again tomorrow. can someone who has the similar upgrade tell me if what i'm feeling is correct. after a few hard stomps I couldn't notice any brake fluid consumption. any feed back is welcome thanks.
Old 06-07-2003, 04:21 PM
Asshole Supreme

S dot Camp has much to be proud ofS dot Camp has much to be proud ofS dot Camp has much to be proud ofS dot Camp has much to be proud ofS dot Camp has much to be proud ofS dot Camp has much to be proud ofS dot Camp has much to be proud ofS dot Camp has much to be proud ofS dot Camp has much to be proud ofS dot Camp has much to be proud ofS dot Camp has much to be proud of

Did you have a problem while bleed ing them of not agetting much pressure from the master cylinder? Did you change the master cylinder? Is it used?
Old 06-07-2003, 04:29 PM
Registered Member

IC x Prince IC x Prince IC x Prince IC x Prince IC x Prince IC x Prince IC x Prince IC x Prince IC x Prince IC x Prince IC x Prince

Naw stock master cylinder, but according to [url=http://importnut.net/300zxbrakeswap.htm#frontbrake]this guy[/ul]

Since I did not have the master cylinder when I swapped the calipers and rotors, I had the opportunity to drive the 240 around with the stock master cylinder. The brake pedal was soggy prior to the brake swap and worse with 3 times as many caliper pistons. Although the soggy pedal, it was immediately apparent that the brakes were more effective. Braking effort was improved as well as fade resistance.

so I guess that is what I'm felling.
Old 06-07-2003, 04:42 PM
wat

Sled has disabled reputation

eh for some reason i thought you got an s13?

and its your master cylinder, cop a 300zx MC
Old 06-07-2003, 04:44 PM
Asshole Supreme

S dot Camp has much to be proud ofS dot Camp has much to be proud ofS dot Camp has much to be proud ofS dot Camp has much to be proud ofS dot Camp has much to be proud ofS dot Camp has much to be proud ofS dot Camp has much to be proud ofS dot Camp has much to be proud ofS dot Camp has much to be proud ofS dot Camp has much to be proud ofS dot Camp has much to be proud of

Glad you figured it out. The last thing you need is to be driving around and have your brakes go out.
Old 06-07-2003, 05:01 PM
eng
Administrator

eng eng eng eng eng eng eng eng eng eng eng

There are several different sized Z32 MC ... make sure you get the good one
Old 06-07-2003, 05:20 PM
Registered Member

Greaser has a reputation beyond reputeGreaser has a reputation beyond reputeGreaser has a reputation beyond reputeGreaser has a reputation beyond reputeGreaser has a reputation beyond reputeGreaser has a reputation beyond reputeGreaser has a reputation beyond reputeGreaser has a reputation beyond reputeGreaser has a reputation beyond repute

Originally posted by direb0y
eh for some reason i thought you got an s13?

and its your master cylinder, cop a 300zx MC
without MAJOR modification and adding a rear balance pressure valve for brake bias dont do it

get an AUTO 240 MC.

i speak from experience on this one.
Old 06-07-2003, 05:22 PM
Registered Member

Greaser has a reputation beyond reputeGreaser has a reputation beyond reputeGreaser has a reputation beyond reputeGreaser has a reputation beyond reputeGreaser has a reputation beyond reputeGreaser has a reputation beyond reputeGreaser has a reputation beyond reputeGreaser has a reputation beyond reputeGreaser has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: 300ZX/5lug conversion done on my 240

Originally posted by Ultraprince
I just finished my 5 lug and 300ZX brake up grade on my 96 base model. I also went with stainless steel brake lines from Projectsilvia.com. I only went a few miles, but my brakes feel weird. I feel like I can depress the pedel all the way down. Is that the way it's supposed to feel? I also went with synpower brake fluid and bled the brake lines pretty good. the only thing I can think of is bleeding them again tomorrow. can someone who has the similar upgrade tell me if what i'm feeling is correct. after a few hard stomps I couldn't notice any brake fluid consumption. any feed back is welcome thanks.

ENG!~!!!! check my FSM for the correct bleeding procedure

there is an exact wheel procedure to do. i think its

pass rear
drvr rear
pass front
drvr front

do it many times over. ROCK solid brakes will result. i should let you feel mine. and i think they have air in them from Lowes motor speedway
Old 06-07-2003, 06:10 PM
wat

Sled has disabled reputation

Originally posted by Greaser
get an AUTO 240 MC.

i wasnt expecting that hahahah

just looked at the scc project silvia, rear brakes locking up first, oops
Old 06-07-2003, 06:28 PM
Registered Member

the auto ones are bigger than the manual equipped cars. it was night and day once that was changed.

Quick Reply: 300ZX/5lug conversion done on my 240