Notices
Tech Talk Anything technically related to your vehicle should be posted here. If you're looking to have work done, try one of the Regional Forums.

240SX Turbo help needed.

Old 12-28-2005, 07:36 PM
Registered Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
duglas has disabled reputation
Default 240SX Turbo help needed.

I just bought myself a toy car and need some help from someone who knows these cars well..

I bought it almost done and have some info but want someone to look at it and tell me everything that is there and what I need to do..
PM me if you live in Chesapeake or so and want to help a buddy out.
Here is what I know..

Rebuilt 2.4L 4500 miles, not sure if stock or not..
Garret turbo
FMIC
S13 fuel injectors and fuel rail
S13 Computer that was flashed...
S13 Brembo Red Nissan Capliers..
It has a LSD in the rear, and the speedO is 10 Miles off @ 75 so I am guessing it is a higher ratio..

Car runs great, sounds good, boost gauge stays @ 9PSI when floored.. It smokes the 215X tires when it hits boost in first, 2nd, and 3rd...

I was told the fuel pump needed to be replaced, not big enough, the fuel air gauge sticked between OK and rich..
I want to make sure everything was done right and such..
thanks
Old 12-28-2005, 07:40 PM
you suck, i know it

(F-) (F-) (F-) (F-) (F-) (F-) (F-) (F-) (F-) (F-) (F-)
Default Re: 240SX Turbo help needed.

pm greaser or click the link in my sig
Old 12-28-2005, 08:00 PM
Boner Jams

-Danimal -Danimal -Danimal -Danimal -Danimal -Danimal -Danimal -Danimal -Danimal -Danimal -Danimal

So whats the problem?
Old 12-29-2005, 03:19 AM
Registered Member

The problem is I want to make sure I have the right fuel/air mixture, I want to make sure I am not going to blow it up, I want to see how the boost is controlled because I do not see a manual boost controller near the turbo, I want a blow off valve, I want to know what the widest tire I can run in the back, I want to know where the fuel pump is, and how hard is it to change, and what fuel pump should I get..If it is in the tank, I will get millenniumautosports to change it..
Old 12-29-2005, 04:10 AM
Registered Member

Greaser has a reputation beyond reputeGreaser has a reputation beyond reputeGreaser has a reputation beyond reputeGreaser has a reputation beyond reputeGreaser has a reputation beyond reputeGreaser has a reputation beyond reputeGreaser has a reputation beyond reputeGreaser has a reputation beyond reputeGreaser has a reputation beyond repute

fuel pump is in the tank. On an s13 its not hard to change for me, but i've been doing this for 10 years. Get a walbro intank, to my knowledge we have them in stock.

who'd you buy the car from? I'm sure one of us 240 people know who it is if its turboed.
Old 12-29-2005, 01:30 PM
Banned

GTi85K is an unknown quantity at this point

greaser, how much are those Fuel pumps going for, i need one for my sr20det..I think pat, steven, mike, and BC have talked to you about it?
Old 12-29-2005, 02:05 PM
Registered Member

Greaser has a reputation beyond reputeGreaser has a reputation beyond reputeGreaser has a reputation beyond reputeGreaser has a reputation beyond reputeGreaser has a reputation beyond reputeGreaser has a reputation beyond reputeGreaser has a reputation beyond reputeGreaser has a reputation beyond reputeGreaser has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by GTi85K
greaser, how much are those Fuel pumps going for, i need one for my sr20det..I think pat, steven, mike, and BC have talked to you about it?

i just heard a quote of $140 for a application specific walboro.

and no, noone has asked me cuz i dont know shit about pricing and i think i've told them all that . I just install the goodies.
Old 12-29-2005, 03:13 PM
psycho jungle cat

Spindrift Spindrift Spindrift Spindrift Spindrift Spindrift Spindrift Spindrift Spindrift Spindrift Spindrift

Originally Posted by Greaser
who'd you buy the car from? I'm sure one of us 240 people know who it is if its turboed.
also interested.
Old 12-29-2005, 03:14 PM
farfrumluzin

2.0 turbo a2 has disabled reputation

the only to really read air-fuel is a wideband o2 or egt the little lited flashy ones are not acc dont go by that
Old 12-29-2005, 08:25 PM
Registered Member

I bought it from someone in Richmond, it had Texas tags on it..
I drove it again today, it is way to fast for me, Driving it from Richmond I raced my SRT8 Magnum and schooled it from the go and on the highway... I actually pulled away from it on the highway, the Magnum is fast...
I am going to drive it up Greasers shop next week, have them look it over and tell me everything it has and anything it needs..
then it might be time to sell it..