Notices
Tech Talk Anything technically related to your vehicle should be posted here. If you're looking to have work done, try one of the Regional Forums.

The 20B Rotary (2 liters of 3 rotor mayhem!)

Old 01-21-2005, 03:27 PM
Registered Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Qwiksillva Qwiksillva Qwiksillva Qwiksillva Qwiksillva Qwiksillva Qwiksillva Qwiksillva Qwiksillva Qwiksillva Qwiksillva
Default The 20B Rotary (2 liters of 3 rotor mayhem!)

Okay since my 13B has become wasted, I think I shoudl go for something off the wall - something be known for around here. I am considering in dropping a 20B rotary engine in my Turbo II. I've done a little research, but I think I'm lacking some things... I know I need the engine, the mounts, and probably the cosmo ecu, but what else should I take into consideration? I have come into some money, so I think $10,000 isn't too steep of a limit. If there are any rotary knowledgable people around here, give me some good input. Also the Turbo II currently has LSD, eibach pro springs.... what else should I add if I go through with this?
Old 01-21-2005, 04:13 PM
hostgator.com

flow fx is infamous around these partsflow fx is infamous around these partsflow fx is infamous around these partsflow fx is infamous around these partsflow fx is infamous around these partsflow fx is infamous around these partsflow fx is infamous around these partsflow fx is infamous around these partsflow fx is infamous around these partsflow fx is infamous around these partsflow fx is infamous around these parts
Default Re: The 20B Rotary (2 liters of 3 rotor mayhem!)

wont you need an entire fuel system?

and are you better off using a DEFI/PMS/motec?

ask Grey-GTC, shannon.. i dunno if he knows much about cosmos but hes a 2rotor genius
Old 01-21-2005, 08:01 PM
The Pro to call.

HatefulMechanic HatefulMechanic HatefulMechanic HatefulMechanic HatefulMechanic HatefulMechanic HatefulMechanic HatefulMechanic HatefulMechanic HatefulMechanic HatefulMechanic

tri rotors take alot more then just the additional case. i think that you have to change alot of stuff. i can think of better ways to drop 10grand though.

pettit racing does them i know, may want to talk to them
Old 01-22-2005, 06:27 AM
Big Dick Playa

King Dingaling King Dingaling King Dingaling King Dingaling King Dingaling King Dingaling King Dingaling King Dingaling King Dingaling King Dingaling King Dingaling

i remember when i was lookin for an rx7. back in the day. i came across a site that sold 20b's that were built for like i think 10 grand. it was dope.

but anyways that helps you none. good luck with the swap and post some vids up if you do it.
Old 01-22-2005, 05:44 PM
Seh-Fee-Ro

yokojzz30 is an unknown quantity at this point

i saw a few threads about this on fc3s.org...if u havent checked there already
Old 01-22-2005, 06:11 PM
wtb scoobie snacks

musicmaniac is on a distinguished road

http://www.rotaryengine.ca/generation.htm theres some info also try 3rotor.com
Old 01-24-2005, 09:49 AM
Registered Member

Qwiksillva Qwiksillva Qwiksillva Qwiksillva Qwiksillva Qwiksillva Qwiksillva Qwiksillva Qwiksillva Qwiksillva Qwiksillva

With some research, I found out that it is a direct bolt-on to my tranny. I found three 20Bs for less than $3500 (that's with shipping). So, I know I'll have to push my radiator futher forward because it's like 7 inches longer and I'll need to get some custom mounts. I'll also need a frount mount intercooler. I also need the wiring harness from the cosmo and the cosmo ecu. So I'm looking at roughly $5000 already. This would make an awesome project if I could actually do this... and I am seriously thinking about doing it.
Old 01-24-2005, 09:54 AM
Jay
VR-4ever

Jay Jay Jay Jay Jay Jay Jay Jay Jay Jay Jay

If you go through with it, I have a trust fmic for sale.

good luck, and have fun.
Old 01-24-2005, 10:59 AM
nannerpus, nannerpus

Carter is infamous around these partsCarter is infamous around these partsCarter is infamous around these partsCarter is infamous around these partsCarter is infamous around these partsCarter is infamous around these partsCarter is infamous around these partsCarter is infamous around these partsCarter is infamous around these partsCarter is infamous around these partsCarter is infamous around these parts

v8.
Old 01-24-2005, 11:11 AM
Registered Member

Lol, this is not gonna be an easy project for me. So I'll need all the advice I can get. If anyone else has any good input, hit me up on AIM. SN: Qwiksillva or just post it here.

Quick Reply: The 20B Rotary (2 liters of 3 rotor mayhem!)