Notices
Tech Talk Anything technically related to your vehicle should be posted here. If you're looking to have work done, try one of the Regional Forums.

2004 sunfire speaker question

Old 10-12-2005, 02:37 PM
Registered Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
hondazccivic is an unknown quantity at this point
Default 2004 sunfire speaker question

Hey, a relative of mine has a 2004 sunfire and they want some speakers installed. They are the 6x9 rear speakers (by rear window). The speakers I am going to install only has two wires coming off from it, and the speakers in the car have a clip that looks to be soldered onto the speaker housing. I am just wondering if anyone knows how to get that clip off. Kinda hard to describe i hope someone knows what I am talking about. Let me know what you think guys.
Old 10-12-2005, 02:45 PM
MVP Member

ChvyOnDubz ChvyOnDubz ChvyOnDubz ChvyOnDubz ChvyOnDubz ChvyOnDubz ChvyOnDubz
Default Re: 2004 sunfire speaker question

should be a factory clip which can be un-clipped. Even if you get the clip unclipped it will not attach to the new speaker unless you bought a factory speaker again (I hope this isnt the case). You can just clip the wire and put on new connectors. If not then just run a t-tap off of it and you should be good to go.
Old 10-12-2005, 03:36 PM
Registered Member

hondazccivic is an unknown quantity at this point

ya i can get the clip unclipped, but what i am wondering is how to get the clip off of the speaker. Picture this the speaker is out of the car, the two wires running off of the speaker go to a clip, that is on the speaker, and clips into the speaker harness. how do i get the clip off the speaker? Do i have to desolder it? Let me know guys, i don't want to do anything that is incorrect.
Old 10-13-2005, 06:56 PM
MVP Member

ChvyOnDubz ChvyOnDubz ChvyOnDubz ChvyOnDubz ChvyOnDubz ChvyOnDubz ChvyOnDubz

I dont think that the wires off the clip would be soldered to the speaker itself. If your havin that much trouble just cut off the clips and put on new ends and attach to the new speakers. Very easy that way
Old 10-13-2005, 09:41 PM
Racetracks

Fabrik8 Fabrik8 Fabrik8 Fabrik8 Fabrik8 Fabrik8 Fabrik8 Fabrik8 Fabrik8 Fabrik8 Fabrik8

Cut the wires and connect them to the new speakers. Or get speaker adapter pigtails from an audio shop. They'll connect to the new speakers and then connect to the stock connector. Done.
But why are you worried so much about a sunfire, are you ever planning on reconnecting the crappy stock speakers? Cut it off and get it done.