Notices
Tech Talk Anything technically related to your vehicle should be posted here. If you're looking to have work done, try one of the Regional Forums.

2004 Galant SRS Light

Old 12-10-2010, 12:55 PM
U LòÓk Mad !!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
CarShowz is infamous around these partsCarShowz is infamous around these partsCarShowz is infamous around these partsCarShowz is infamous around these partsCarShowz is infamous around these partsCarShowz is infamous around these partsCarShowz is infamous around these partsCarShowz is infamous around these partsCarShowz is infamous around these partsCarShowz is infamous around these partsCarShowz is infamous around these parts
Default 2004 Galant SRS Light

My dads car just failed inspection bcuz the Passenger SRS Light is on. When the seat is empty the light is on and when there is more than 50lbs or a person in the seat the light goes out. We've always thought that while the seat is empty that airbag won't deploy cuz the car knows there is no one sitting in it.....Anyone that has had an accident n has airbags knows it's like $3,000 per bag when you have an accident n that has a big part in a car being declared "Totalled" so we thought that was whats its supposed to do.

I've searched n kept being refered to 1 particular forum but all those ppl had electrical probs. Do any of you w/ this light know if that's how they are supposed to work?
Old 12-11-2010, 07:57 AM
U LòÓk Mad !!

CarShowz is infamous around these partsCarShowz is infamous around these partsCarShowz is infamous around these partsCarShowz is infamous around these partsCarShowz is infamous around these partsCarShowz is infamous around these partsCarShowz is infamous around these partsCarShowz is infamous around these partsCarShowz is infamous around these partsCarShowz is infamous around these partsCarShowz is infamous around these parts
Default Re: 2004 Galant SRS Light

Nevermind we found the cars manual. It's like we thought. If there is less than 60lbs in the passenger seat there is no need for the airbag. If the SRS light comes on and stays on there is a problem. If the SRS light randomly comes on n off there is a problem. When the car is in the ON or START position the SRS light will come on for a few seconds then will turn off.

I just put this on here for anyone else with this indicator that might of wondered but didn't ask.
Old 12-11-2010, 09:16 AM
Racetracks

Fabrik8 Fabrik8 Fabrik8 Fabrik8 Fabrik8 Fabrik8 Fabrik8 Fabrik8 Fabrik8 Fabrik8 Fabrik8

That's normal operation, yes. Most of the cars that I've seen with that feature usually have a light that actually says something about the passenger airbag instead of just turning the SRS light on and off.

All of the dash indicator lights should come on temporarily when the key goes into the ON position, that's to tell if the lights are working and shows that the various systems are doing their self checks when power is applied. It's also good for inspection shops because they can tell if the light has been removed or disconnected.
Old 12-11-2010, 05:40 PM
U LòÓk Mad !!

I tried explaining to the guy from Harris Tire that that was how the system worked since that's the only thing they Failed the car for n he argued with me that I didn't know what I was talkn about...so I'm bringing the manual in when we pickup the car so he can read it for himself n feel stupid
Old 12-11-2010, 05:57 PM
baller/dickbutt#69

nftuatn nftuatn nftuatn nftuatn nftuatn nftuatn nftuatn nftuatn nftuatn nftuatn nftuatn

lmfao at 3000 per bag....hahahahah...whoever told you that is a moron...

the most ive seen is like 800 from a dealer
Old 12-11-2010, 06:15 PM
U LòÓk Mad !!

Originally Posted by nftuatn
lmfao at 3000 per bag....hahahahah...whoever told you that is a moron...

the most ive seen is like 800 from a dealer
yea I may of slightly exagerated but they are the reason some cars end up "Totalled"
Old 12-11-2010, 06:18 PM
baller/dickbutt#69

nftuatn nftuatn nftuatn nftuatn nftuatn nftuatn nftuatn nftuatn nftuatn nftuatn nftuatn

Originally Posted by CarShowz
yea I may of slightly exagerated but they are the reason some cars end up "Totalled"
the reasons cars end up totaled is when the repairs exceed 70% of the cars value..
Old 12-18-2010, 10:21 AM
U LòÓk Mad !!

smh The SRS light in the instrument panel and not the Passenger SRS light was on. Mitsubishi on Holland says it's $115 just to scan for the code before doing any other work
Old 12-18-2010, 10:23 AM
Racetracks

Fabrik8 Fabrik8 Fabrik8 Fabrik8 Fabrik8 Fabrik8 Fabrik8 Fabrik8 Fabrik8 Fabrik8 Fabrik8

Originally Posted by CarShowz
smh The SRS light in the instrument panel and not the Passenger SRS light was on. Mitsubishi on Holland says it's $115 just to scan for the code before doing any other work
Wow, that's a few hundred bucks an hour for service labor. Go somewhere else.