Notices
Tech Talk Anything technically related to your vehicle should be posted here. If you're looking to have work done, try one of the Regional Forums.

2003 Nissan Sentra SE-R SPEC V

Old 06-18-2005, 01:29 PM
Iridium V

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
MGBRaceman has a reputation beyond reputeMGBRaceman has a reputation beyond reputeMGBRaceman has a reputation beyond reputeMGBRaceman has a reputation beyond reputeMGBRaceman has a reputation beyond reputeMGBRaceman has a reputation beyond reputeMGBRaceman has a reputation beyond reputeMGBRaceman has a reputation beyond reputeMGBRaceman has a reputation beyond reputeMGBRaceman has a reputation beyond reputeMGBRaceman has a reputation beyond repute
Default 2003 Nissan Sentra SE-R SPEC V

I have a friend with this vehicle that's having some problems making adequate power. Unfortunately where I am I have little or no means to diagnose these problems. So I was hoping that someone hahad similar problems and is familiar with the issue. The car is severely underpowered, he's modified the exhaust including the header. My first thought was that he was having OBD 2 issues so I asked if he'd resetthe ECU, he had. However, if the downstream o2 sensor was getting a overly hot reading the ecu could be running an a "safe" mode or it could be trying to overly enrichen the mixture. He also has and intake and some other goodies. Anyone know of this problem with these cars thanks for your help.
Old 06-18-2005, 01:39 PM
The Pro to call.

HatefulMechanic HatefulMechanic HatefulMechanic HatefulMechanic HatefulMechanic HatefulMechanic HatefulMechanic HatefulMechanic HatefulMechanic HatefulMechanic HatefulMechanic
Default Re: 2003 Nissan Sentra SE-R SPEC V

a downstream O2 will not set a car into "limp mode"

asking for a diagnosis without seeing the car is just about impossible. and pretty ignorant too.
Old 06-18-2005, 01:53 PM
Iridium V

MGBRaceman has a reputation beyond reputeMGBRaceman has a reputation beyond reputeMGBRaceman has a reputation beyond reputeMGBRaceman has a reputation beyond reputeMGBRaceman has a reputation beyond reputeMGBRaceman has a reputation beyond reputeMGBRaceman has a reputation beyond reputeMGBRaceman has a reputation beyond reputeMGBRaceman has a reputation beyond reputeMGBRaceman has a reputation beyond reputeMGBRaceman has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: 2003 Nissan Sentra SE-R SPEC V

Looking for common issues here, not a specific diagnosis.