Notices
Tech Talk Anything technically related to your vehicle should be posted here. If you're looking to have work done, try one of the Regional Forums.

2001 Civic Sedan Automatic

Old 04-02-2010, 09:45 PM
Registered Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
maurice24 is infamous around these partsmaurice24 is infamous around these partsmaurice24 is infamous around these partsmaurice24 is infamous around these partsmaurice24 is infamous around these partsmaurice24 is infamous around these partsmaurice24 is infamous around these partsmaurice24 is infamous around these partsmaurice24 is infamous around these partsmaurice24 is infamous around these partsmaurice24 is infamous around these parts
Default 2001 Civic Sedan Automatic

Ok i bought a new stock engine without transmission for my sister's civic because the current one she was using was messed up, so i started to remove the old engine and i tried to unbolt the shifter cable, i am assuming thats what it is called, correct me if i am wrong. the stupid bolt fucking crack the whole shifter cable so now i need a new one
The car is a automatic and i was wondering where can i get this part and how much would it run for?
Old 04-03-2010, 04:43 AM
ItIsWhatItIs

LoveMyLS has a reputation beyond reputeLoveMyLS has a reputation beyond reputeLoveMyLS has a reputation beyond reputeLoveMyLS has a reputation beyond reputeLoveMyLS has a reputation beyond reputeLoveMyLS has a reputation beyond reputeLoveMyLS has a reputation beyond reputeLoveMyLS has a reputation beyond reputeLoveMyLS has a reputation beyond reputeLoveMyLS has a reputation beyond reputeLoveMyLS has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: 2001 Civic Sedan Automatic

automatic? probably honda part only. could try Bap Geon on 1st Colonial, but those guys are assholes! i deal with Sam or "D" at Priority Honda.
Old 04-03-2010, 04:53 AM
Registered Member

maurice24 is infamous around these partsmaurice24 is infamous around these partsmaurice24 is infamous around these partsmaurice24 is infamous around these partsmaurice24 is infamous around these partsmaurice24 is infamous around these partsmaurice24 is infamous around these partsmaurice24 is infamous around these partsmaurice24 is infamous around these partsmaurice24 is infamous around these partsmaurice24 is infamous around these parts

Originally Posted by LoveMyLS
automatic? probably honda part only. could try Bap Geon on 1st Colonial, but those guys are assholes! i deal with Sam or "D" at Priority Honda.
thx ,i'll look
Old 04-03-2010, 04:54 AM
Registered Member

Its an automatic civic lx sedan 2001 ,you know where the shifter cable is like the thing that controls the park drive reverse
Old 04-03-2010, 06:32 PM
ItIsWhatItIs

LoveMyLS has a reputation beyond reputeLoveMyLS has a reputation beyond reputeLoveMyLS has a reputation beyond reputeLoveMyLS has a reputation beyond reputeLoveMyLS has a reputation beyond reputeLoveMyLS has a reputation beyond reputeLoveMyLS has a reputation beyond reputeLoveMyLS has a reputation beyond reputeLoveMyLS has a reputation beyond reputeLoveMyLS has a reputation beyond reputeLoveMyLS has a reputation beyond repute

did it brake the head of the cable, or the bolt on the bracket?
Old 04-04-2010, 11:50 AM
Registered Member

nvm i bought a whole new shifter cable and i got the car running and everything now its just that the transmission fluid is leaking the speedometer sensor when ever the car runs
and when ever i start the car i have it in park and the D light is blinking constantly on the cluster and i can put it and any gear and its still blinking.
Old 04-04-2010, 03:13 PM
ItIsWhatItIs

check the selector switch at the shifter