Notices
Tech Talk Anything technically related to your vehicle should be posted here. If you're looking to have work done, try one of the Regional Forums.

2000 si b16a2 just rebuilt throwing codes and weird idle

Old 02-28-2012, 04:13 PM
Registered member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
srudiger srudiger srudiger srudiger srudiger srudiger srudiger srudiger srudiger srudiger srudiger
Default 2000 si b16a2 just rebuilt throwing codes and weird idle

Ok sorry if some of this is messed up posting from my phone but I just got my car back from a complete rebuild when I got it back it was throwing a code for 02 sensor so today I replaced it reset the ecu let the car re learn the idle went for a drive and now I'm throwing codes p0325 knock sensor and p0505 idle air control so before the rebuild I had the 02 sensor CEL and weird idle before getting rebuilt I replaced the iacv with brand new cleaned tb and new gasket adjusted idle screw can't find any air leaks don't know what else it could be only thing I can think of is when the motor before being rebuilt was burning a lot of oil it gummed up my exhaust could this be a possiblety? Any help or sugesttions will be greatly appreciated
Old 02-28-2012, 06:11 PM
Registered member

srudiger srudiger srudiger srudiger srudiger srudiger srudiger srudiger srudiger srudiger srudiger
Default Re: 2000 si b16a2 just rebuilt throwing codes and weird idle

Begging to think my exhaust is clogged from head gasket previously going and burning a lot of oil is this plausible if do how would I check this again any help would be greatly appreicated
Old 02-28-2012, 06:14 PM
Banned

White Devil White Devil White Devil White Devil White Devil White Devil White Devil White Devil White Devil White Devil White Devil

Originally Posted by srudiger
Ok sorry if some of this is messed up posting from my phone but I just got my car back from a complete rebuild when I got it back it was throwing a code for 02 sensor so today I replaced it reset the ecu let the car re learn the idle went for a drive and now I'm throwing codes p0325 knock sensor and p0505 idle air control so before the rebuild I had the 02 sensor CEL and weird idle before getting rebuilt I replaced the iacv with brand new cleaned tb and new gasket adjusted idle screw can't find any air leaks don't know what else it could be only thing I can think of is when the motor before being rebuilt was burning a lot of oil it gummed up my exhaust could this be a possiblety? Any help or sugesttions will be greatly appreciated
Originally Posted by srudiger
Begging to think my exhaust is clogged from head gasket previously going and burning a lot of oil is this plausible if do how would I check this again any help would be greatly appreicated

Why havent you taken your car back to the place that did the rebuild? It would make more sense for them to diagnose it than we could.
Old 02-29-2012, 06:54 AM
Racetracks

Fabrik8 Fabrik8 Fabrik8 Fabrik8 Fabrik8 Fabrik8 Fabrik8 Fabrik8 Fabrik8 Fabrik8 Fabrik8

You've removed and reinstalled the harnesses and the sensors, so it could be something very simple that has been damaged in the process.
Old 02-29-2012, 09:40 AM
Registered member

The owner of shop is coming bye today to do some testing
Old 02-29-2012, 09:58 AM
Registered member

WALL-E WALL-E WALL-E WALL-E WALL-E WALL-E WALL-E WALL-E WALL-E WALL-E WALL-E

Check your FITV, if you got a new iacv, and cleaned the TB; that is most likely the issue.

Its a "fast idle thermo valve"

Just have to open it up, and screw white piece back down, it backs out causing high/erratic idle.
Old 02-29-2012, 03:09 PM
Registered member

2000 si does not have fitv its all part of the iac