Notices
Tech Talk Anything technically related to your vehicle should be posted here. If you're looking to have work done, try one of the Regional Forums.

2000 civic H.i.D. Install issue

Old 08-19-2011, 02:20 AM
Registered Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
SYCKDC23 has disabled reputation
Default 2000 civic H.i.D. Install issue

I just bought an hid off ebay because I wrecked my car a while back and the lights got f'd up. What kind of kit would i need to have hids and still have my stock halogens?

I wired up the hid kit i already bought, which is a bi-xenon 6000k, but only the highbeams work, when I try to turn on my low beams nothing works, the high beams just stay on.

I need the kit to have stock halogens and hid low beams.... What should I be searching for?

Anyone have a clue also why the hid kit I have wired up now only works as high beams?

thanks
Old 08-19-2011, 03:09 AM
Still spinnin'

Thurm@n Thurm@n Thurm@n Thurm@n Thurm@n Thurm@n Thurm@n Thurm@n Thurm@n Thurm@n Thurm@n
Default Re: 2000 civic H.i.D. Install issue

I mean HID's are pretty simple to install, did you check an make sure your wires goin into the connectors are right? Take a pic of what came with the kit an post, it'll make it easier.
Old 08-19-2011, 03:40 AM
Registered Member

Dough_Boy. Dough_Boy. Dough_Boy. Dough_Boy. Dough_Boy. Dough_Boy. Dough_Boy. Dough_Boy. Dough_Boy. Dough_Boy. Dough_Boy.

Just sounds like you don't know what you're doing and wired it into the high beams instead of low.
Old 08-19-2011, 09:15 AM
Registered Member

im_a_JdM_FruiT has disabled reputation

reverse polarity
Old 08-19-2011, 10:59 AM
DITB-AHHH

Corbzin is infamous around these partsCorbzin is infamous around these partsCorbzin is infamous around these partsCorbzin is infamous around these partsCorbzin is infamous around these partsCorbzin is infamous around these partsCorbzin is infamous around these partsCorbzin is infamous around these partsCorbzin is infamous around these partsCorbzin is infamous around these partsCorbzin is infamous around these parts

Most bi Xenon kits are gonna be hid high and lows. Just get brighter when you switch to high beams.
Old 08-19-2011, 11:14 AM
Classified Moderator

Fobby Fobby Fobby Fobby Fobby Fobby Fobby Fobby Fobby Fobby Fobby

Originally Posted by Corbzin
Most bi Xenon kits are gonna be hid high and lows. Just get brighter when you switch to high beams.
Not always true. Depends on the kit. My "Bi-Xenon" hids in my EK hatch have an internal motor that moves the hid bulb back and forth to create the illusion of high beams.
Old 08-19-2011, 11:42 AM
DITB-AHHH

Corbzin is infamous around these partsCorbzin is infamous around these partsCorbzin is infamous around these partsCorbzin is infamous around these partsCorbzin is infamous around these partsCorbzin is infamous around these partsCorbzin is infamous around these partsCorbzin is infamous around these partsCorbzin is infamous around these partsCorbzin is infamous around these partsCorbzin is infamous around these parts

Originally Posted by Fobby
Not always true. Depends on the kit. My "Bi-Xenon" hids in my EK hatch have an internal motor that moves the hid bulb back and forth to create the illusion of high beams.
I bet you payed a decent amount also?

He said he bought it off eBay so i was going with the assumption that it was one of the less expensive kits.
Old 08-19-2011, 11:43 AM
DITB-AHHH

Originally Posted by Fobby

He said he bought it off eBay so i was going with the assumption that it was one of the less expensive kits.
Old 08-19-2011, 04:07 PM
I <3 MY EG

JustaGSR18 has disabled reputation

Originally Posted by Corbzin

actually that is how all of the bi-xenon hid kits that I have seen are.. even the ebay ones.
I would bet that it is plug and play into the stock plug right? i would also bet that the plugs with the hid kit are wired backwards.. there should only be 2 wires on the plug they sent you, switch them around and it should be fine