Notices
Tech Talk Anything technically related to your vehicle should be posted here. If you're looking to have work done, try one of the Regional Forums.

2.3 Turbos...300 hp...c'mon lil spic, kevin, and fatboyee

Old 09-18-2003, 10:16 AM
Nic
Patron

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Nic Nic Nic Nic Nic Nic Nic Nic Nic Nic Nic
Default 2.3 Turbos...300 hp...c'mon lil spic, kevin, and fatboyee

So I'm looking for a reasonably cheap 300 hp recipe...I figure that's enough power to put a 2800 lb Mustang into the 12's. What would you guys do? No nitrous just yet
Old 09-18-2003, 12:11 PM
rotary desu ne!?

DomokunSPL is an unknown quantity at this point

just grab a 50trim and some 660s
Old 09-20-2003, 04:25 AM
brake/steer/throttle

ToyotaTechGeek ToyotaTechGeek ToyotaTechGeek ToyotaTechGeek ToyotaTechGeek ToyotaTechGeek ToyotaTechGeek ToyotaTechGeek ToyotaTechGeek ToyotaTechGeek ToyotaTechGeek

racer walsh products, some XR4Ti parts, 5.0 throttle body, fully ported upper turbo mani, FMIC/H20 injection
Old 09-21-2003, 04:18 PM
RS Doscientos

litlespic litlespic litlespic litlespic litlespic litlespic litlespic litlespic litlespic litlespic litlespic

Its pretty dern easy nic

Randy did it with a mustang, either a 10.9 or 11.9 I dont remember but it was with stock injectors and turbo..

Bob's header, intake, a NPR intercooler, gillis valve, kirban fpr, 255hp pump - the regular pump will do fine but for high pressures like we run the HP really flows in our range- 3" down pipe, no exhuast, posi 3.55-4.10 - different people think of gears in a turbo cars different ways.. I like to think taller the better because the turbo will be in boost longer... - a stage 3 spec clutch... that should pretty well do it..
Old 09-22-2003, 08:51 PM
Formerly Shinobi....

RatedV is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally posted by ToyotaTechGeek
racer walsh products, some XR4Ti parts, 5.0 throttle body, fully ported upper turbo mani, FMIC/H20 injection

Old Garret FMIC for a SVO or retro'd Spearco.......I almost did this in my 97 ranger........(I miss my truck)
Old 09-23-2003, 02:48 AM
RS Doscientos

litlespic litlespic litlespic litlespic litlespic litlespic litlespic litlespic litlespic litlespic litlespic

Nic, you arnt trying to do this on a non forged 2.3 are you?? I see in the sig you say 88 2.3/t5... that is a turbo short block??
Old 09-23-2003, 08:35 AM
Nic
Patron

Nic Nic Nic Nic Nic Nic Nic Nic Nic Nic Nic

I'm going to pick up a turbo motor here as soon as I get rid of the Jeep.
Old 09-23-2003, 11:06 AM
Registered Member

FlimFlam FlimFlam FlimFlam FlimFlam FlimFlam FlimFlam FlimFlam FlimFlam FlimFlam FlimFlam FlimFlam

I already listed off all the janke i think you should get via AIM. Too tired to retype all that crap...hope it helped.
Old 09-25-2003, 04:14 PM

Grace_under_psi is an unknown quantity at this point

Yeah! Another convert! I'm hoping to meet 14's or 13's with my combo. 'Spic, I didn't go with the anti-reversion log header, i'm having Sctur601 port my E6 exh. manifold. After that, i'm thinking about having the manifold, turbine housing, and exhaust dump coated with Techline's "Turbo X" 2000* coating by Thermaltechcoatings.com in VA. Didn't you get the 3 inch exhaust elbow?
Nic, good luck with your 2.3! Super 60 compressor wheels can do wonders for us (300 h.p. + worth of air flow). I gave up on my T3, it's seems to move more heat than air! Spic, what turbo are you going to use in your setup? This is SinistreMinistre (turboford.org) btw...
Old 09-25-2003, 04:33 PM
i got 5 on it

themacuser.org is infamous around these partsthemacuser.org is infamous around these partsthemacuser.org is infamous around these partsthemacuser.org is infamous around these partsthemacuser.org is infamous around these partsthemacuser.org is infamous around these partsthemacuser.org is infamous around these partsthemacuser.org is infamous around these partsthemacuser.org is infamous around these partsthemacuser.org is infamous around these partsthemacuser.org is infamous around these parts

www.40bob.com
just take one of everything.

if you need anything, pm me. i have a ton of stuff laying around that my brother doesn't need/can't afford

Quick Reply: 2.3 Turbos...300 hp...c'mon lil spic, kevin, and fatboyee