Notices
Tech Talk Anything technically related to your vehicle should be posted here. If you're looking to have work done, try one of the Regional Forums.

1jzgte stock turbo's

Old 01-16-2011, 12:12 PM
Registered Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
thazestyburrito thazestyburrito thazestyburrito thazestyburrito thazestyburrito thazestyburrito thazestyburrito thazestyburrito thazestyburrito thazestyburrito thazestyburrito
Default 1jzgte stock turbo's

Hey Ive been looking around and im not sure what kind of hp I could make on the stock turbo's. I know things like injectors, fuel pump, cams, valves, etc come into play. but I was just wondering what the avg mark is if you turn the boost up for a stock engine and then what the highest I could go on stock turbos with all my internals redone. im trying to avoid a new turbo setup if at all possible because of the cost involved so if I can get to my hp mark without that that would be great seeing as im 18 and a college student. and if anyone knows a good place to get my head mildly ported lemme know.
Old 01-17-2011, 12:47 PM
Registered Member

93civicdxgreen has disabled reputation
Default Re: 1jzgte stock turbo's

i believe 18psi on stock ct12a turbos is the most i would push cause their older and the injectors will hold it and the stock internals from what i know can handle 600hp daily driven
Old 01-21-2011, 05:44 AM
Registered Member

hottscennessey has a spectacular aura abouthottscennessey has a spectacular aura abouthottscennessey has a spectacular aura about

350whp is the approximate max.

1jz turbos aren't the greatest, IDK about 18psi, I'd say 15psi maximum, personally. They have ceramic turbines as opposed to steel.
Old 01-21-2011, 08:27 PM
Registered Member

thazestyburrito thazestyburrito thazestyburrito thazestyburrito thazestyburrito thazestyburrito thazestyburrito thazestyburrito thazestyburrito thazestyburrito thazestyburrito

alright cool thanks. I was running about 15 anyway so I just wonderd if I could turn it up or not. thanks for the help
Old 01-22-2011, 08:48 AM
Banned

White Devil White Devil White Devil White Devil White Devil White Devil White Devil White Devil White Devil White Devil White Devil

You stole my sig... fag.