Notices
Tech Talk Anything technically related to your vehicle should be posted here. If you're looking to have work done, try one of the Regional Forums.

1g DSM SWAP to 2g

Old 04-09-2007, 04:12 PM
AWD 8U

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
1slowAWD has disabled reputation
Default 1g DSM SWAP to 2g

OKAY ON MY NEW MOTOR ...IT CAME OUT OF A GALANT VR4 92.....IM LOST ON THIS CAM ANGLE sensor THING CAUSE I HAVE WIRES COMING OUT OF THE SENSOR BUT THEY HAVE BEEN CLIPED I COULD HARD WIRE THEM IF I KNEW WHERE TO AND ALSO JUST WONDERING HOW AM I SUPPOSED TO DO THIS TIMING THING WITH THAT SAME SENSOR IS THERE ANY1 AROUND THE NEWPORT NEWS VACINITY THAT I COULD THROW A LIL CASH TO TO DO IT FOR ME CAUSE I DONT WANT TO MESS THIS MOTOR UP

ALSO CAN ANY1 TELL ME IF THERE IS ANYTHING IM SUPPOSED TO DO SPECIAL TO MAKE THE 1G MOTOR TO WORK IN THE 2G

I WANT THIS THING TO BE RELIABLE......I GOT THE MOTOR CLEANED INSIDE AND OUT EVERY LIL SEAL AND GASKET REPLACED READY TO GO INTO THE CAR...BUT HAVNT PULLED THE OLD MOTOR YET.....THIS IS MY FIRST SWAP FOR A DSM...JUST WANT TO BE 100% SURE ON EVERYTHING..AND ALL I WANT TO KNOW IS ARE THERE ANY SPECAIL PARTS IMA NEED TO ELIMINATE OR HAVE TO BUY
Old 04-09-2007, 08:46 PM
RIP Chris Schader

g S x g S x g S x g S x g S x g S x g S x g S x g S x g S x g S x
Default Re: 1g DSM SWAP to 2g

http://www.magnusmotorsports.com/tech/1gina2g.pdf
Old 04-09-2007, 10:03 PM
wtb scoobie snacks

musicmaniac is on a distinguished road

Old 04-10-2007, 03:11 AM
AWD 8U

Originally Posted by musicmaniac
I PITTY PEOPLE LIKE YOU
Old 04-10-2007, 04:33 AM
Registered Member

sleeper4g63 has disabled reputation

vfaq.com that will tell you about the cas, and roadraceengineering.com also has a thread on that to
Old 04-10-2007, 08:29 AM
❒Good ❒ Better ✔Best

HighPSI TSi Guy has much to be proud ofHighPSI TSi Guy has much to be proud ofHighPSI TSi Guy has much to be proud ofHighPSI TSi Guy has much to be proud ofHighPSI TSi Guy has much to be proud ofHighPSI TSi Guy has much to be proud ofHighPSI TSi Guy has much to be proud ofHighPSI TSi Guy has much to be proud ofHighPSI TSi Guy has much to be proud ofHighPSI TSi Guy has much to be proud ofHighPSI TSi Guy has much to be proud of

You need to wire up the CAS to replace the 2G cam and crank sensor signals. If you're running a 95-96 ECU the injector signal will need to be inverted as well, and the firing order flipped. If you're not running DSMlink or AEM you'll get to deal with the random misfire shit as well.
Old 04-10-2007, 11:43 AM
AWD 8U

Originally Posted by HighPSI TSi Guy
You need to wire up the CAS to replace the 2G cam and crank sensor signals. If you're running a 95-96 ECU the injector signal will need to be inverted as well, and the firing order flipped. If you're not running DSMlink or AEM you'll get to deal with the random misfire shit as well.
how bad is this random missfire....at idle , when im driving..at hi boost...low boost....how often will this occur basicly?
Old 04-10-2007, 11:47 AM
AWD 8U

thanx for all the help people
Old 04-10-2007, 01:43 PM
❒Good ❒ Better ✔Best

HighPSI TSi Guy has much to be proud ofHighPSI TSi Guy has much to be proud ofHighPSI TSi Guy has much to be proud ofHighPSI TSi Guy has much to be proud ofHighPSI TSi Guy has much to be proud ofHighPSI TSi Guy has much to be proud ofHighPSI TSi Guy has much to be proud ofHighPSI TSi Guy has much to be proud ofHighPSI TSi Guy has much to be proud ofHighPSI TSi Guy has much to be proud ofHighPSI TSi Guy has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by 1slowAWD
how bad is this random missfire....at idle , when im driving..at hi boost...low boost....how often will this occur basicly?
The random misfire is a code that will come up, not a problem with the actual operation
Old 04-10-2007, 05:49 PM
AWD 8U

Originally Posted by HighPSI TSi Guy
The random misfire is a code that will come up, not a problem with the actual operation
gotcha! thanx alot

Quick Reply: 1g DSM SWAP to 2g