Notices
Tech Talk Anything technically related to your vehicle should be posted here. If you're looking to have work done, try one of the Regional Forums.

1999 Jetta - car alarm won't disengage therefore I can't start my car - rep for help

Old 05-27-2009, 06:41 PM
Eat me.

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Slimsta Jimsta Slimsta Jimsta Slimsta Jimsta Slimsta Jimsta Slimsta Jimsta Slimsta Jimsta Slimsta Jimsta Slimsta Jimsta Slimsta Jimsta Slimsta Jimsta Slimsta Jimsta
Default 1999 Jetta - car alarm won't disengage therefore I can't start my car - rep for help

what the fuck do i do?

the keyless entry doesn't work(changed batteries the other day and nothing changed, it's been dead for a while i'm just lazy), so i can't just disarm the alarm that way by unlocking the doors.

because of that, i'm manually locking/unlocking the car, and that will hardly work now.

Right now, as the car sits, it's unlocked but with the alarm armed and I can't even lock it(it's garaged kept so there's nothing to look after anyways).

so since the alarm is armed and it's tied in with starting the car, so if i try to start it, the alarm goes off. this has been going on for a little while but usually i can just go back and forth trying to manually unlock/lock the door and the alarm will eventually disengage... but now, nope.

someone help, this is fucking annoying as shit. thanks

edit: i'm not looking to fix the entire problem right now, i just need to get that fucking alarm off
Old 05-27-2009, 06:47 PM
Eat me.

Slimsta Jimsta Slimsta Jimsta Slimsta Jimsta Slimsta Jimsta Slimsta Jimsta Slimsta Jimsta Slimsta Jimsta Slimsta Jimsta Slimsta Jimsta Slimsta Jimsta Slimsta Jimsta
Default Re: 1999 Jetta - car alarm won't disengage therefore I can't start my car - rep for h

And i just went to check the fuse box for the alarm... but since i'm such a genious, i believe i put the owners manual in the trunk(of which i can't access without setting off the alarm) so I can't tell what the alarm symbol is...

just updating, i'm about to hit google up now for some pictures or something, fucking shit
Old 05-27-2009, 07:05 PM
Registered Member

98formulaLS1 will become famous soon enough
Default Re: 1999 Jetta - car alarm won't disengage therefore I can't start my car - rep for h

you need to be looking on vwvortex.com it's the leading VW forum
Old 05-27-2009, 07:06 PM
Eat me.

i'm going to go fucking insane because of this car

so i realized i could get to the trunk through the backseats since they werent actually closed up all the way. I probably could have even if they were, but i'm just real paranoid about the alarm going off with neighbors and it being 11 oclock and what not.

so anyways, i have the door open while i'm crawling around in my trunk using a cell phone for a lighting sourse to find the damn owners manual, probably was in the car with the door open for a few minutes. anyways i find it, and get out of the car and close the door.

instantly all 4 windows just roll the fuck down and the alarm's deactivated... it's done this before a few times lately, so i had to hop in, turn it on and roll the windows up.

So for now... i can start my car tomorrow morning for work which is good, but seriously, what the fuck is wrong with my car other than it being a volkswagon piece of electrical dogshit asshole stains?
Old 05-27-2009, 09:44 PM
I <3 MY EG

JustaGSR18 has disabled reputation

check pm
Old 05-28-2009, 03:25 AM
Registered member

RandomTask RandomTask RandomTask RandomTask RandomTask RandomTask RandomTask RandomTask RandomTask RandomTask RandomTask

I'm fairly certain the key has a transmitter that sends a code. If the car isn't picking up this code it may be thinking its an unauthorized entry there fore car alarm.
Old 05-28-2009, 04:37 AM
This.isEntertainment

Uzi Crooklyn Uzi Crooklyn Uzi Crooklyn Uzi Crooklyn Uzi Crooklyn Uzi Crooklyn Uzi Crooklyn Uzi Crooklyn Uzi Crooklyn Uzi Crooklyn Uzi Crooklyn

is it a MKIV or a MKIII?

if its a MKIV you may need to have your ECU and your key reprogramed.

btw: its volkswagEn not volkswagon and welcome to my electrical nightmare.
Old 05-28-2009, 05:20 AM
Eat me.

it's a MKIV, i'll be going by a dealership soon to get them to reprogram it or whatever. hopefully they don't rape me on the price but i'm sure they will.

thanks for the help you guys.
Old 05-28-2009, 05:44 AM
This.isEntertainment

Uzi Crooklyn Uzi Crooklyn Uzi Crooklyn Uzi Crooklyn Uzi Crooklyn Uzi Crooklyn Uzi Crooklyn Uzi Crooklyn Uzi Crooklyn Uzi Crooklyn Uzi Crooklyn

i think its 200 bucks or something stupid like that. and i can't garentee that is your problem. anyhow good luck
Old 05-28-2009, 08:50 AM
typesb4thinking

nosediv3 nosediv3 nosediv3 nosediv3 nosediv3 nosediv3 nosediv3 nosediv3 nosediv3 nosediv3 nosediv3

pretty sure you just need the key reprogrammed.

and yes, they will rape you on the price.

Quick Reply: 1999 Jetta - car alarm won't disengage therefore I can't start my car - rep for help