Notices
Tech Talk Anything technically related to your vehicle should be posted here. If you're looking to have work done, try one of the Regional Forums.

1995 Gsx Project !!

Old 05-30-2006, 05:30 AM
Onecks Dsm !!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
ONYX787 has disabled reputation
Default 1995 Gsx Project !!

Okay this weekend i am picking up a 1995 gsx eclipse (auto) With no engine my question is what do you guys think i should do ? i have a 1991 eagle talon tsi awd (auto ) and i was thinking of pulling my 6 bold out of the talon and into the eclipse.... how hard do you think it will be too put my engine and the 2nd gen transmision since my transmision has been fucking up !!! from what i have been reading on the internet there saying its good to use the 2nd gen heads since there allot of sensors and shit i am going to need !! and they show pictures of drilling and tapping into the block!!! how much do you guys think a shop would charge me for this .........well yeah i dont know what to do now i am just thinking of shipping the car home without an engine and building it up from scratch with all performance parts little by little but let me hear your opinions...... if anyone on here done this swap please send me a pm and your number so i can talk to you guys on the phone thanks

Onecks
Old 06-01-2006, 05:08 PM
Big Poppa

hovocx hovocx hovocx
Default Re: 1995 Gsx Project !!

i vote do some research, go here, find out what works better, and build the engine from the best of both worlds.

http://www.vadsm.com/tech/1gvs2g.html
Old 06-01-2006, 11:29 PM
❒Good ❒ Better ✔Best

HighPSI TSi Guy has much to be proud ofHighPSI TSi Guy has much to be proud ofHighPSI TSi Guy has much to be proud ofHighPSI TSi Guy has much to be proud ofHighPSI TSi Guy has much to be proud ofHighPSI TSi Guy has much to be proud ofHighPSI TSi Guy has much to be proud ofHighPSI TSi Guy has much to be proud ofHighPSI TSi Guy has much to be proud ofHighPSI TSi Guy has much to be proud ofHighPSI TSi Guy has much to be proud of

standard 6 bolt in a 2G swap. I think the auto thing adds a little more complication to it though? IPT could tell you if the trannies are directly swappable or not.
Old 06-02-2006, 08:13 AM
Big Poppa

hovocx hovocx hovocx

when i had mine swapped, all i had to pick up some kind of adapter plate from mitsu, so many years ago, i cnat remember the exact name of it