Notices
Tech Talk Anything technically related to your vehicle should be posted here. If you're looking to have work done, try one of the Regional Forums.

1995 Accord SRS/ABS Light Diagnosis/Testing

Old 01-20-2013, 11:51 AM
Registered Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
HoMEbReD has disabled reputation
Default 1995 Accord SRS/ABS Light Diagnosis/Testing

1995 Honda Accord

Has SRS / ABS lights illuminated on the cluster

I have already jumped both test connectors and got the following codes:

ABS = 1-2 (Bad ABS pump)
SRS = 5-2 (Bad SRS Unit)
Also reset the srs light 5 times and it still illuminates upon ignition so i'm sure the code is correct

I have Tested and checked twice all fuses associated with these lights/functions

Main question is is how can i directly hardwire the abs pump in order to check to see if the pump actually works or not. I pulled the relay and jumped the 12v supplied across to the pump output and nothing so i went to the pump and unplugged the orange plug that has a large red wire and large black wire and tried every combination of 12v source to get the pump to come on and nothing... my assumptino is the pump is bad but i figured I'd throw it out there in case someone else has had or has the same issue and may have more details.

Thanks for your help
Old 01-21-2013, 10:55 AM
Registered member

TheMuffinMan TheMuffinMan TheMuffinMan TheMuffinMan TheMuffinMan TheMuffinMan TheMuffinMan TheMuffinMan TheMuffinMan TheMuffinMan TheMuffinMan
Default Re: 1995 Accord SRS/ABS Light Diagnosis/Testing

The ABS pump is a common issue on those Accords. You can pull the relay and jump the terminals - if it doesn't come on it's likely completely dead. You should also hear it for 2 seconds or so when the car starts up.
Old 01-21-2013, 11:24 AM
Registered Member

Dillweed Dillweed Dillweed Dillweed Dillweed Dillweed Dillweed Dillweed Dillweed Dillweed Dillweed

Take that shit out: Racecar
Old 01-21-2013, 12:18 PM
Registered Member

HoMEbReD has disabled reputation

I'd like to take it out, I can't stand ABS tbh... I jumped the relay and I went straight to the pump and nothing... is there a way to bypass ABS and just pull it completely out or should I just junkyard it and get a working one. Would def take a battery with me and test it before i bought one