Notices
Tech Talk Anything technically related to your vehicle should be posted here. If you're looking to have work done, try one of the Regional Forums.

1991 celica gt in need of performance help

Old 07-17-2004, 04:17 PM
Registered Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
91celicagt has disabled reputation
Default 1991 celica gt in need of performance help

I have a 1991 toyota celica gt and i just need help on how to know what other engines will fit into my car......if you know anything please help.
Oh yeah and if you know a company that makes any carbon fiber hoods let me know.....thanks
Old 07-17-2004, 08:52 PM
Fighterer

Abysalone will become famous soon enough
Default Re: 1991 celica gt in need of performance help

I think the sr22 truck motors are swappable. They give it alot more torque. Im not totaly sure on this, a friend of mine had a 90 GT and never got to try it.
Old 07-17-2004, 09:22 PM
Doin' (today) stuff

DoC-JoneS DoC-JoneS DoC-JoneS DoC-JoneS

3sgte? (somone with more yota knowledge than me speak up) i wouldn't got for a 22R unless it was possibly the 22RTEC.
Old 07-18-2004, 04:31 AM
brake/steer/throttle

ToyotaTechGeek ToyotaTechGeek ToyotaTechGeek ToyotaTechGeek ToyotaTechGeek ToyotaTechGeek ToyotaTechGeek ToyotaTechGeek ToyotaTechGeek ToyotaTechGeek ToyotaTechGeek

the 22RT-E was finished in the Celica by like 1984 (MkIII). the 3SGT-E would be a way to go, but the torque steer is ridiculous. the swap is ridiculous also (yeah, i've done one). if you attempt this swap, remember you'll need a different trans (also axles and hub assemblies), wiring, ECU, AFM, etc. oh! higher rate front springs (actually you'll want to re-tune the whole suspension if you already have an upgraded set-up).

hey doc, what is a 22rtec? LOL

are you guys talking SR22 as in Nissan? geez..
Old 07-18-2004, 06:47 AM
Doin' (today) stuff

DoC-JoneS DoC-JoneS DoC-JoneS DoC-JoneS

22RETC if i am correct is the fuel injected turbo 22R from the late 80's pickups.
Old 07-18-2004, 02:19 PM
Registered Member

Originally Posted by ToyotaTechGeek
the 22RT-E was finished in the Celica by like 1984 (MkIII). the 3SGT-E would be a way to go, but the torque steer is ridiculous. the swap is ridiculous also (yeah, i've done one). if you attempt this swap, remember you'll need a different trans (also axles and hub assemblies), wiring, ECU, AFM, etc. oh! higher rate front springs (actually you'll want to re-tune the whole suspension if you already have an upgraded set-up).

hey doc, what is a 22rtec? LOL

are you guys talking SR22 as in Nissan? geez..
check you PM
Old 07-18-2004, 07:36 PM
brake/steer/throttle

ToyotaTechGeek ToyotaTechGeek ToyotaTechGeek ToyotaTechGeek ToyotaTechGeek ToyotaTechGeek ToyotaTechGeek ToyotaTechGeek ToyotaTechGeek ToyotaTechGeek ToyotaTechGeek

Originally Posted by DoC-JoneS
22RETC if i am correct is the fuel injected turbo 22R from the late 80's pickups.
there's no "C" in that engine code.
Old 07-20-2004, 03:39 AM
Boosted F2B

99EJ6T is an unknown quantity at this point

try toyotasport.com if you want toyota info. they got swap info and everythig else you would need to know about your toyota. also what is in the gt you have now? 3sge or 3sfe? one is dohc other is sohc. if you got a sohc sell it and get a gt with a dohc in it or a gts. way too much money to swap the bottom of the line gt with the sohc motor then if you already have the dohc version of the gt. and before you say all 90 plus gt have dohc's they don't. toyota offered a st with power everything and labeled them gt's.
Old 07-20-2004, 02:58 PM
Registered Member

Originally Posted by ps90lsturbo
try toyotasport.com if you want toyota info. they got swap info and everythig else you would need to know about your toyota. also what is in the gt you have now? 3sge or 3sfe? one is dohc other is sohc. if you got a sohc sell it and get a gt with a dohc in it or a gts. way too much money to swap the bottom of the line gt with the sohc motor then if you already have the dohc version of the gt. and before you say all 90 plus gt have dohc's they don't. toyota offered a st with power everything and labeled them gt's.
yeah its dohc
Old 07-20-2004, 03:01 PM
Registered Member

Originally Posted by ps90lsturbo
yeah its dohc. im thinkin about getting an all trac turbo motor in it with an 89 tranny

Quick Reply: 1991 celica gt in need of performance help