Notices
Tech Talk Anything technically related to your vehicle should be posted here. If you're looking to have work done, try one of the Regional Forums.

1990 cb7

Old 07-01-2011, 06:51 AM
Registered Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
youtellme has disabled reputation
Default 1990 cb7

ok i have a 90 cb7 with a 96 vtec f22 in it i havnt had any promblems intell now. the tranny is hard to go into gear and it got stuck in 5th. the shifter was moving like it was n neutruel but it was still in fifth.. i tryed to double clutch it but all i got was grindn. it came out of fifth then it didnt wanna go in any gear. then it drove fine. just tough to go in gears. any help in this matterwould be great.
Old 07-01-2011, 07:05 AM
NAZI mod

BAN HAMMER BAN HAMMER BAN HAMMER BAN HAMMER BAN HAMMER BAN HAMMER BAN HAMMER BAN HAMMER BAN HAMMER BAN HAMMER BAN HAMMER
Default Re: 1990 cb7

Check linkage.
Check shifter bushings.
Bleed clutch system.

If none of that is the problem, replace transmission, clutch, flywheel, pilot bearing and throwout bearing. That will surely fix the problem.
Old 07-01-2011, 08:30 AM
Registered Member

well look i kmowall that i kinda wanted to narrow it down just a little..... kinda y we have a tech talk
Old 07-01-2011, 08:41 AM
Registered Member

Dough_Boy. Dough_Boy. Dough_Boy. Dough_Boy. Dough_Boy. Dough_Boy. Dough_Boy. Dough_Boy. Dough_Boy. Dough_Boy. Dough_Boy.

Maybe learn to diagnose a problem yourself. It could be tons of things, what do you want us to do? It's probably because it's a 20 year old honda. Shit gets old and wore out. Everything you described could do what you are having problems with. Stop being lazy and look at them. Then if it doesn't fix it come back and ask.
Old 07-01-2011, 09:03 AM
Registered Member

wow there is a reason i dont come to this site cause it is full off deushbags...buch of fucking idots.... its called a tech talk because u ask question about a issue with ur car...then people respond with answers that help u...maybe sombody has had the same promblem and can save me some time and money but u wanna bash me...fuck all of yall..and get the admin to ban me I DONT GIVE A FUCK....FUCK YALL
Old 07-01-2011, 09:06 AM
Registered Member

Dough_Boy. Dough_Boy. Dough_Boy. Dough_Boy. Dough_Boy. Dough_Boy. Dough_Boy. Dough_Boy. Dough_Boy. Dough_Boy. Dough_Boy.

Someone gave you answers and you wanted to act like an ass. Suposevely you knew all that already so why not wait until you diagnose farther and then maybe we can narrow it down some more. You can't honestly expect us to tell you exactly what it is do you? But it's probably the trans going bad.
Old 07-01-2011, 10:29 AM
Registered Member

Wow anyone wit car knowledge. Know the basics like I said I am just looking for someone wit a simialer promblem not for u to tell me I spelled something. Wrong or point out the basic. But as I said b4 I sismply looking for help while I'm at work.havnt even had a chance. To look at the car. But thank u everyone who took there time out today. To help me out or even the ones that have nothing better to do than talk shit. Man I love this site.
Old 07-01-2011, 10:37 AM
Registered Member

Three people have told you the problem already. It's your trans.
Old 07-01-2011, 10:40 AM
Banned

psu54 psu54 psu54 psu54 psu54 psu54 psu54 psu54 psu54 psu54 psu54

Originally Posted by youtellme
Wow anyone wit car knowledge. Know the basics like I said I am just looking for someone wit a simialer promblem not for u to tell me I spelled something. Wrong or point out the basic. But as I said b4 I sismply looking for help while I'm at work.havnt even had a chance. To look at the car. But thank u everyone who took there time out today. To help me out or even the ones that have nothing better to do than talk shit. Man I love this site.
Where do you work? I just want to know so i never, ever go there. How can some one go through the hiring process and say yup i think this is the guy we need working for us, the guy that can listen, spell, mostlikely cant wipe his own ass.
Old 07-01-2011, 02:04 PM
Racetracks

Fabrik8 Fabrik8 Fabrik8 Fabrik8 Fabrik8 Fabrik8 Fabrik8 Fabrik8 Fabrik8 Fabrik8 Fabrik8

First of all, it's hard to take someone seriously when they type like a barely literate fourth grader with a broken cell phone keypad.. Why should we spend our time helping you when you can't spend your time stringing some words together to make a coherent sentence? A bunch of letters and numbers thrown together randomly doesn't count. Your laziness typing makes us want to be lazy answering (meaning not answer at all).

I don't want to ban you, I just want you to make an effort to communicate properly as a sign of mutual respect toward the people who will try and help you.

So you want help narrowing it down, and there are a few things you can check.

If the clutch is disengaged, does the engine stall if the transmission is stuck in gear? If it stalls with the clutch engaged, and doesn't stall with the clutch disengaged, the clutch most likely works fine.

With the engine off, does it shift any different? With the engine off does the clutch have any effect on shifting?

On the surface, it sounds like something is wrong with the transmission, or there is a problem with the shift linkage or shift cables (I don't know specifically what that engine has, and I had to look up what a "CB7" was).

You've probably tried this stuff already, but you haven't communicated any of it so it isn't helpful at all in solving your problem.

Last edited by Fabrik8; 07-01-2011 at 02:10 PM.

Quick Reply: 1990 cb7