Notices
Tech Talk Anything technically related to your vehicle should be posted here. If you're looking to have work done, try one of the Regional Forums.

1990 accord seat belt indicator problem

Old 12-03-2009, 09:16 AM
Registered Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
accord4lyfe has disabled reputation
Default 1990 accord seat belt indicator problem

My seat belt light indicator in my 1990 honda accord will not cut off and stop flashing and beeping ive unplugged all the the plugs to the seat belt under the seat and to the shoulder retractor and took the fuses out and ive disconnected the battery and i still keep having to deal with annoying beeping from the indicator light if anybody could tell me what to do to stop and fix this problem i would really appreciate it
Old 12-03-2009, 10:06 AM
Racetracks

Fabrik8 Fabrik8 Fabrik8 Fabrik8 Fabrik8 Fabrik8 Fabrik8 Fabrik8 Fabrik8 Fabrik8 Fabrik8
Default Re: 1990 accord seat belt indicator problem

The switch in the seatbelt buckle is probably worn out. Unplugging the switch harness won't solve anything, because they're designed to close the switch connection when the belt is plugged in, else everyone would just unplug the harness and ride around with no seat belts on. So, you can probably jumper the connector on the switch harness (I don't know, I've never looked at one closely) and fool it into thinking the belt is fastened. At least that would tell you if the switch is the problem or not. Or, you could get a new buckle assembly from the junkyard.

It's 20 model years old, you'll start finding a lot of little problems like that from almost 20 years of routine wear and tear.
Old 12-05-2009, 11:30 AM
Registered Member

accord4lyfe has disabled reputation
Default Re: 1990 accord seat belt indicator problem

ive tryed to jumper the connector before and that didnt stop it niether but the shoulder restraint on the door has delay sometimes so thats prolly whats making it always beep and not letting the light on seat belt indicator go out