Notices
Tech Talk Anything technically related to your vehicle should be posted here. If you're looking to have work done, try one of the Regional Forums.

1986 Camaro Radiator Fan not turning on?

Old 05-20-2008, 04:01 PM
My Banana!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
TremaineZ TremaineZ TremaineZ TremaineZ TremaineZ TremaineZ TremaineZ TremaineZ TremaineZ TremaineZ TremaineZ
Default 1986 Camaro Radiator Fan not turning on?

I've tried rewiring the harness and bought a new harness that was rewired as well. I've replaced the relay and checked the fuse panel both sides as well as the fuses. Nothing is wrong and the nut that goes into the block is working as well.

I'm looking for someone with experience dealing with these kinds of issues to fix the car and I'll just pay if they get it working. Please have some knowledge about this sort of stuff.

I know the fan works because sometimes when i play around with the blade spinning it backwards it will kick on and spin the right direction for a few minutes and then turn off again. This doesn't always work but lets me know the fan functions.

Leave me a PM or message me on AIM.
Old 05-20-2008, 04:47 PM
Racetracks

Fabrik8 Fabrik8 Fabrik8 Fabrik8 Fabrik8 Fabrik8 Fabrik8 Fabrik8 Fabrik8 Fabrik8 Fabrik8
Default Re: 1986 Camaro Radiator Fan not turning on?

Have you checked the coolant temp switch that turns the fan relay on? What nut that goes into the block are you talking about?
Old 05-20-2008, 04:49 PM
VA

travisnd travisnd travisnd travisnd travisnd travisnd travisnd travisnd travisnd travisnd travisnd

i just dealt with this issue in my 92 Camaro. Come to find out that the fan doesnt turn on till 238 degrees. Does the fan come on when you turn the AC on? It should!
Old 05-20-2008, 06:12 PM
My Banana!

TremaineZ TremaineZ TremaineZ TremaineZ TremaineZ TremaineZ TremaineZ TremaineZ TremaineZ TremaineZ TremaineZ

The ac isn't functional in my car