Notices
Tech Talk Anything technically related to your vehicle should be posted here. If you're looking to have work done, try one of the Regional Forums.

115 volts plug in toyota matrix

Old 12-17-2002, 04:26 AM
The Dune Coon

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
one pnt 8 hatch is an unknown quantity at this point
Default 115 volts plug in toyota matrix

how does the 115 watt plug in a toyota matrix and pontiac vibe work?? its for my electronics class need to find out. so one give us a hand.
Old 12-17-2002, 04:53 AM
The Dune Coon

one pnt 8 hatch is an unknown quantity at this point

nevermind we find out how the shit works
Old 12-17-2002, 04:58 AM
corona connessuer

CHAHONDA CHAHONDA CHAHONDA CHAHONDA CHAHONDA CHAHONDA CHAHONDA CHAHONDA CHAHONDA CHAHONDA CHAHONDA

i'm sure that it uses a built in power inverter!!! i have an inverter that i use in my car for my getto bottle warmer!!
Old 12-17-2002, 03:43 PM
Racetracks

Fabrik8 Fabrik8 Fabrik8 Fabrik8 Fabrik8 Fabrik8 Fabrik8 Fabrik8 Fabrik8 Fabrik8 Fabrik8

Ok, here goes. Pretty much the easiest way to make higher voltage from lower voltage is to pass it through a transformer. However, DC won't couple across the windings of a transformer, so you have to turn it into AC first. it's pretty simple, you feed DC into one end of the transformer winding (primary winding), and switch the other on and off with a transistor or FET. In the case of a power inverter, this happens at much higher than the 60 Hz output. The other transformer winding (secondary winding) is a multiple of the number of turns in the primary, which gives the increase in voltage. Coupling across the transformer also has the cool effect of turning the switched squarewave on the DC side into a sine wave on the AC side. The last piece of the puzzle is that the center of the secondary winding becomes the AC ground, and the two ends of the winding become the positive and negative voltage feeds. Then the voltage is passed through a inductor and capacitor filter network to turn the high freq into the 60 Hz that comes out of the outlet. If you need any more info let me know...