Notices
Tech Talk Anything technically related to your vehicle should be posted here. If you're looking to have work done, try one of the Regional Forums.

0b2 gsr o2 sensor ???

Old 08-15-2010, 08:51 AM
Registered member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Nasty4d has disabled reputation
Default 0b2 gsr o2 sensor ???

1996 gsr has 2 o2's on the cat 1 before the cat and a downstream after the cat... will gutting the cat affect the downstream o2? will it throw any cel's? with out having a chipped ecu is there any way to get rid of it?
Old 08-15-2010, 09:28 AM
Racetracks

Fabrik8 Fabrik8 Fabrik8 Fabrik8 Fabrik8 Fabrik8 Fabrik8 Fabrik8 Fabrik8 Fabrik8 Fabrik8
Default Re: 0b2 gsr o2 sensor ???

It will often throw a CEL, yes. There are ways to get around that, but they're all pretty ghetto and usually involve spacing the sensor out of the exhaust stream or making a dummy sensor using resistors to fool the ECU.

I'm going to say what I usually say (which isn't very popular but I don't care) and tell you to get a high flow cat if you think your stock cat is too restrictive for the power you're trying to make. Have an environmental conscience, and think on a larger scale than just doing something the cheapest way possible. There are cats out there that can handle many times more power than you will ever hope to make with a 4 cylinder Honda, so there isn't any excuse except for spending money.
Old 08-15-2010, 12:38 PM
Registered member

Nasty4d has disabled reputation
Default Re: 0b2 gsr o2 sensor ???

thanks for the info... it isnt for me its a friends car, i wasnt sure if a highflow cat would solve the issue either seeing that most are a straight thru design. my buddy is trying to put together a cheap dailey driver and was just trying to make the stock exhaust a little more free flowing for better mpg's... thanks for takeing the time out to help give me some advice