VADriven.com Forums

VADriven.com Forums (https://www.vadriven.com/forums/)
-   Tech Talk (https://www.vadriven.com/forums/tech-talk-9/)
-   -   08 CIVIC SI SEDAN SUSPENSION (https://www.vadriven.com/forums/tech-talk-9/08-civic-si-sedan-suspension-484536/)

oneCAMonly 06-16-2014 07:37 PM

08 CIVIC SI SEDAN SUSPENSION

WASSUP DRIVEN. I CURRENTLY HAVE A 08 SI SEDAN AND IM ON H&R SPRINGS AND OEM STRUTS.I HAVE A BABY ON THE WAY AND AM LOOKING TO UPGRADE MY SUSPENSION TO SOMETHING WITH BETTER RIDE QUALITY. IVE HEARD NOTHING BUT GOOD THINGS ABOUT GODSPEED TYPE RS 16 WAY ADJ DAMPENING. GIVE ME SOME INPUT ON WHAT YOU GUYS THINK IS BABY FRIENDLY.

ej1995 06-17-2014 08:11 AM

Re: 08 CIVIC SI SEDAN SUSPENSION

Originally Posted by oneCAMonly (Post 8294981)
WASSUP DRIVEN. I CURRENTLY HAVE A 08 SI SEDAN AND IM ON H&R SPRINGS AND OEM STRUTS.I HAVE A BABY ON THE WAY AND AM LOOKING TO UPGRADE MY SUSPENSION TO SOMETHING WITH BETTER RIDE QUALITY. IVE HEARD NOTHING BUT GOOD THINGS ABOUT GODSPEED TYPE RS 16 WAY ADJ DAMPENING. GIVE ME SOME INPUT ON WHAT YOU GUYS THINK IS BABY FRIENDLY.

FIRST OF ALL, TURN OFF THE DAMN CAPS LOCK!

Second, if you are that concerned with it, you should probably put your stock equipment back on.

Third, because you probably won't take the good advice I gave you in the previous statement, I highly suggest you not being lazy as shit and researching what the spring rates are for the different brands. Also, you are on OEM shocks/struts, so unless you upgrade to something that is designed to work with lowering springs, then you are most likely still going to have less than ideal ride quality.

Last but not least, DO NOT buy something with adjustable dampening! I would be willing to bet that you have absolutely NO CLUE how you would properly set them for that vehicle. If you did, you wouldn't be on VaD asking retarted questions...

Fabrik8 06-17-2014 02:37 PM

Originally Posted by ej1995 (Post 8295097)

Second, learn that "dampening" is not correct. You are not lightly moistening your suspension components.

Travis. 06-17-2014 03:15 PM

Originally Posted by Fabrik8 (Post 8295177)
Second, learn that "dampening" is not correct. You are not lightly moistening your suspension components.

This is one of my pet peeves.

Damping.

Not dampening.

Lord Humongous 06-17-2014 05:10 PM

Originally Posted by oneCAMonly (Post 8294981)

You're an idiot. You have a baby on the way with your cum dumpster...you don't need to modify shit

Originally Posted by ej1995 (Post 8295097)

Second, if you are that concerned with it, you should probably put your stock equipment back on.

Third, because you probably won't take the good advice I gave you in the previous statement, I highly suggest you not being lazy as shit and researching what the spring rates are for the different brands. Also, you are on OEM shocks/struts, so unless you upgrade to something that is designed to work with lowering springs, then you are most likely still going to have less than ideal ride quality.

Last but not least, DO NOT buy something with adjustable dampening! I would be willing to bet that you have absolutely NO CLUE how you would properly set them for that vehicle. If you did, you wouldn't be on VaD asking retarted questions...

Close but yes

Correct

ej1995 06-17-2014 06:01 PM

Damn, I didn't realize I typed that incorrectly. Should have looked over it before I posted.

Fabrik8 06-18-2014 06:23 AM

Originally Posted by ej1995 (Post 8295245)
Damn, I didn't realize I typed that incorrectly. Should have looked over it before I posted.

It wasn't aimed at you, I was just following your "first, second" format.

ej1995 06-18-2014 07:10 PM

Originally Posted by Fabrik8 (Post 8295309)
It wasn't aimed at you, I was just following your "first, second" format.

I know, I just felt like a dumbass when I realized the typo...lol