Notices
Tech Talk Anything technically related to your vehicle should be posted here. If you're looking to have work done, try one of the Regional Forums.

03 civic help! have a question

Old 02-14-2011, 02:22 PM
Registered Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
xxEM2xx has disabled reputation
Default 03 civic help! have a question

i heard i can put a k pro in my d series engine any idea on what else i would need to do this??
Old 02-14-2011, 03:30 PM
Racetracks

Fabrik8 Fabrik8 Fabrik8 Fabrik8 Fabrik8 Fabrik8 Fabrik8 Fabrik8 Fabrik8 Fabrik8 Fabrik8
Default Re: 03 civic help! have a question

If you just need a programmable ECU for whatever tuning mods you have, the cheapest way to go is with an OBD2 to OBD1 adapter harness and an OBD1 ECU with one of the OBD1 Hondata systems (or another brand of OBD1 tuning package). The K-Pro for your car is about $1200 for the hardware mods and the new crank trigger wheel for your engine, plus you have to buy a RSX ECU as a donor ECU. The only difference between the two is that the K-Pro stays OBD2, but there is no difference as far as performance is concerned.

Oh, and I don't think the D17 knock sensor is compatible with the K-Pro either, and there are some minor O2 sensor wiring changes that have to be done.

All other info is probably available on Hondata's site.

What engine mods do you have that need tuning changes?
Old 02-14-2011, 03:33 PM
RIP DRAGVA-2016

NasTHatch NasTHatch NasTHatch NasTHatch NasTHatch NasTHatch NasTHatch NasTHatch NasTHatch NasTHatch NasTHatch

Originally Posted by Fabrik8
What engine mods do you have that need tuning changes?
my guess is nothing...
Old 02-15-2011, 05:44 PM
Registered Member

no i have stuff done just not much that was gonna be my next question as to what i should do engine wise???? i was just told to get the k pro so i was lookin to see what the best way to go was.
Old 02-15-2011, 05:51 PM
its just a website

couped couped couped couped couped couped couped couped couped couped couped

headers and intake dont do the k pro enough justice for tuning changes
Old 02-15-2011, 06:06 PM
Registered Member

yeah thats all i have right now is headers down pipe and custom exhaust aem v2 intake. and i have new pulleys on theyre way. what else should i get???
Old 02-15-2011, 06:40 PM
Racetracks

Fabrik8 Fabrik8 Fabrik8 Fabrik8 Fabrik8 Fabrik8 Fabrik8 Fabrik8 Fabrik8 Fabrik8 Fabrik8

You're going to spend $1200 for K-Pro (plus the price of an RSX ECU) to tune for basic bolt-ons.. You can buy a lot of bolt-ons for that, and use an OBD1 ECU to tune with the same results for cheaper. Tuning is tuning; a K-Pro isn't a performance mod and doesn't give you any extra performance. It just allows tuning to make the most of what you have, just the same as any other tuning solution for Hondas. If you had an RSX I'd say go for it, because that car would be a plug-and-play with a K-Pro. Your car is not plug-and-play, and needs some wiring mods and a new crank trigger wheel and will lose the knock sensor, like I said before.

But, it's your $1200.
Old 02-15-2011, 06:58 PM
Registered Member

yeah i think imma just go with that. but before i do that. i wanna do sum other stuff to it. i just dont know what to do. theyres not alot out there for em2's got any ideas???
Old 02-16-2011, 04:47 AM
SPARKLEmotion

FObangah FObangah FObangah FObangah FObangah FObangah FObangah FObangah FObangah FObangah FObangah

Not a lot for the EM2? You aren't looking hard enough my friend. The D17 in your car is pretty much identical to the rest of the more common USDM D-series motors. Head on over to d-series.org and poke around, you'll see plenty of people doing big things with the d motors, including yours.
Old 02-16-2011, 08:44 AM
Oh hey

TiredToyotaDrvr TiredToyotaDrvr TiredToyotaDrvr TiredToyotaDrvr TiredToyotaDrvr TiredToyotaDrvr TiredToyotaDrvr TiredToyotaDrvr TiredToyotaDrvr TiredToyotaDrvr TiredToyotaDrvr

Originally Posted by xxEM2xx
yeah thats all i have right now is headers down pipe and custom exhaust aem v2 intake. and i have new pulleys on theyre way. what else should i get???
Cam pulleys or underdrive pulleys? If the latter, send them back.

You dont need KPro yet.

Quick Reply: 03 civic help! have a question